corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Water coming in!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water coming in!!
JoeyB

User status: Offline
15th Oct 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

Does anyone else have an issue with water coming into the front foot wells of their Corsa B?

It runs down the windscreen, through the scuttle panel and must get past the pollen filter. It then builds up in the fan enclosure and gets pushed through the vent holes into the passenger and drivers side foot wells. The motor is acting like a water mill and pushing it all through. I thought there must be some blocked drain offs but there is nothing....its a sealed enclosure.

The vents that open and close have a rubber edge to them but that doesn't seem to stop the water. Is it supposed to?

I've just changed the pollen filter as the last one went green. Is this supposed to stop water coming in?

Have I missed something or is this a poor design fault on Vauxhalls part?

WIth all the water coming in, whenever i put the blowers on hot the front windscreen steams up more because its like a sauna effect.

mattk

15th Oct 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool wish my car had an optional sauna
Rob Withey

15th Oct 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my Corsa B there is a plastic deflector shield between the scuttle panel and the pollen filter. This is what stops the water getting in. Perhaps it is missing from yours?
AdamF
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are holes either side of the scuttle panel that allow water to go down the wings, make sure these arent blocked
JoeyB

15th Oct 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Withey
In my Corsa B there is a plastic deflector shield between the scuttle panel and the pollen filter. This is what stops the water getting in. Perhaps it is missing from yours?

Couldn't get us a pic could ya?

That would be much appreciated.

AdamF - When i say scuttle panel i mean the two-piece plastic cover below the windscreen. It is air vented so water falls through it onto the pollen filter (and beyond)....I will also check the actual bodywork below it for the drain off holes though they won't make any difference to my problem.
JoeyB

15th Oct 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You got me thinkin so i went through some users garage photos and it does indeed look like im missing a massive deflector shield

I'm gonna go look in my shed at all my old parts, knowing my luck it may be knocking around somewhere lol
and-m

15th Oct 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sheild is there, check it isnt cracked. And check the drain holes as mentioned.
Rob Withey

15th Oct 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by and-m
The sheild is there, check it isnt cracked. And check the drain holes as mentioned.

It is indeed present in that picture, but I'm guessing that is the picture from another user's garage, since that is where it is linked from (ie, not his own car).
Gregor

15th Oct 06 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the grommet for the loom going to the ecu , might have come out
Gregor

15th Oct 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry thats bollocks as the water isnt even coming in that direction
shane2corsa

15th Oct 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel under the bulkhead (in line with the throttle cable grommet) theres a rubber drain type thing - it comes from somewhere under the master cylinder, this might be blocked, causing water to work its way in.. mine was blocked with leaves/dust n shite, but i noticed and dealt with it early.
Ant

16th Oct 06 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heater matrix anyone? I chased a leak to this fan enclosure you speak of only to find the matrix was leaking
JoeyB

16th Oct 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by and-m

It is indeed present in that picture, but I'm guessing that is the picture from another user's garage, since that is where it is linked from (ie, not his own car).

Yup this was someone elses garage photo.

I am missing the shield in the photo.

CHeers for all the help guys...just need to get one from a scrappy now.

New Poll