corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Help finding a PC part

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help finding a PC part
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
18th Oct 06 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 PCI sound card for my pc to connect it via coax digital (SPDIF) to my home cinema amp, my mobo has coax out but for some reason wont send a proper 5.1 signal (when amp is set to autodetect it flashes between whatever its being fed by the pc and then nothing, and the sound skips so much you cant really hear it) so i decided to get that card to make it work, plus obviously better sound quality. Anyway... i looked on the ebuyer website and it pictured the card with the breakout box, so i asumed i could just plug breakout box into the card, then coax cable into that, but turns out the card doesnt come with one as standard and i cant seem to find one online!
Anyone got any ideas where i can get the breakout box from, or an adaptor cable so i can plug the coax spdif straight into the card?

This is what i thought the package was, just turns out its just the card and remote, no breakout box!

PS I wrote to ebuyer but they dont sell the box, so cant try them!
James_DT

18th Oct 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's like the original Audigy, you get the base model without the box and the Platinum with the box. However, the Home Cinema Connect box might be of more use to you?

http://uk.europe.creative.com/shop/welcome.asp?category=1&subcategory=14

[Edited on 18-10-2006 by James_DT]
drunkenfool

18th Oct 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oohh looks interesting, does that just plug into the sound card in teh same place that the breakout box would do? Im going to investigate online now aswell
drunkenfool

18th Oct 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aahhh I think this is what I need...
http://uk.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?category=14&subcategory=0&product=773&

[Edited on 18-10-2006 by drunkenfool]
Dom

18th Oct 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you spend that much?
Ebay it for a creative live or cheap m-audio card/teratec(?) as they usually have digital coax conenction, or atleast a header - and you will notice sod all difference with it being digital (have to spend a fair bit before to get decent processing and creative certainly dont do that).

drunkenfool

18th Oct 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got £1200 speakers and £400 amp, surely there would be some difference between a decent sound card and the onboard one?
Dom

18th Oct 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea there is, but creative is far from decent - people just believe there decent, they still use cack DAC/ADC's and they bend the truth about a lot of the functions on their cards (like 96KHz sampling, isn't possible on Audigy).

Tbh, you'd be hard pushed to know the difference, but if you want to spend the cash then i would look at something worth getting like a EMU 1820m, M-audio, Terratec 6fire etc
drunkenfool

18th Oct 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already got the card though I got the Audigy based on this review
http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/182/1/

Was less than £40 and comes with a remote control which will be useful, so i guess its not money completely wasted

New Poll