corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tasty 1.0l 12v GLS idling problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tasty 1.0l 12v GLS idling problems
deano87

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 06 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far I have a 100% original 2000 W Corsa B, with the rather sluggish 12v 1 litre engine in, mainly for getting to Uni and back! (Pretty good on fuel economy I must say!) When starting, the car is fine and will idle at just over 1krpm which I thought was pretty normal. However, when you pull off then stop at another junction (say traffic lights) the idle speed drops to under 1krpm, the car tends to shake a little and it sounds like a dirty diesel.

My mechanic said this is normal for the 3 cylinder engines however I can't see this if it idles nicely when you first start it up.

Any ideas really would be useful as when the idle revs are so low, trying to pull off means giving it more on the throttle and the acceleration is poor. I just wanted to get this problem (if it is one) sorted before I start playing about with it

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by deano87]
deano87

22nd Oct 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have also search the forum but haven't had much luck
mattk

22nd Oct 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what rpm does your car tick over at when u say it sounds like a deisel?? cars idle faster at start up because of the auto choke, it may just need the idle speeding up
Rob H

22nd Oct 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a normal 1.0 to me. it'll be high revs when you first start it as said above, cause of the autochoke, and it over fuels to warm the engine up quicker, and stop it stalling as easy.

Normal idle sounds about right too, you get a bit of judder, cause it only has 3 cylinders instead of the normal 4 .
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get the same problem. drops to below 500 then returns with a quick stab on the accelerator its bothered me but at same time its happened since i had it so assume it normal
deano87

22nd Oct 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sthelensr.l.f.c
what rpm does your car tick over at when u say it sounds like a deisel?? cars idle faster at start up because of the auto choke, it may just need the idle speeding up

At about 800 to 900rpm - I only thought there was a problem because the car feels right at the start up idle speed and not when it is about 900rpm, I guess this is normal though.
ed

22nd Oct 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably because of under bonnet temps. My car does it too and I think it's just until it gets a bit of cold air in it.

New Poll