corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clutch / gearbox problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutch / gearbox problem
dan_almond

User status: Offline
8th Nov 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before i start, the cars a standard 12v engine. It seems when i pull away in the morning (when the engnes cold) as i bring the clutch up, he car juddered foreward quite a bit. you can overcome this by riding the clutch for a bit longer than normal.

also, somethime at junction (when the cars warm) you really have to rev the engine quite hard before the car wants to move. the car seems quite boggy low down (between 1000rpm and 2500), any ideas why?

throttle responce is useless. i can ease the throttle of an the car seems to jump backwards slightly. also the throttle peddle is very stiff to push. is this a common problem?
deano87

8th Nov 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 12v too.

I found the throttle pedal to be stiff when I first got it, after driving my girlfriends MK4 Fiesta, they seem much more refined. I have just got used to the throttle.

The more revs I give it, the better. So sitting at a junction, keep your foot on throttle at about 1500rpm then when you obviously release the clutch, give it some more revs.

My cluth is also dodgy (cars done 62,000, no idea how old clutch is!) and getting the clutch right is dodgy, sometimes car jerks forward as it bites but hasn't fully biten if that makes sense.

I have just put up with my problems. Wearing small/thin soled trainers helps as you can feel the clutch more. Driving a bit more agressively helps. The more I think about the clutch, the more I make mistakes surprising since I've been driving 2 years in March!
12vMatt

8th Nov 06 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know about revs as i dont have a rev counter but i normally need to give mine a fair few revs otherwise it judders a bit, and it doesnt seem to have any power at low revs, really need to give it some to make it move sometimes.
also my trottle pedal is a bit stiff, must just be a normal thing for these cars

New Poll