corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mmm help please.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mmm help please.
Matt L

User status: Offline
11th Nov 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there is something wrong with my car. every so often when im driving around town and my water temp hits 90+ i keep getting this really strong smell of something burning (smell reminds me of a scrap yard) so im thinking there is an oil leak and its burning somewhere. iv had a quick look around the engine bay and cant see anything. then again i dont know what im looking for. but its only happened 3 times in the last week so i dont know what is wrong with it. because if there was a leak i would of thought it would smell all the time.
anybody know whats wrong??
cheers matt
BarnshaW

11th Nov 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even with the air vents off? not a petrol smell is it?
Matt L

11th Nov 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think it is petrol. my vents are always on and never tried it with them off.
BarnshaW

11th Nov 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there was an oil leak and it was burning u would notice a bit of smoke from the engine bay im sure
Matt L

11th Nov 06 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought. but cant see anything in the engine bay and no smoke from the exhaust. origanally i thought it may have bin the cars in front but its happened today when no other cars where around. and even when its bin parked for a while theres nothing underneath
Matt L

11th Nov 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked my oil level and it looks fine.
BarnshaW

11th Nov 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have noticed there are certain areas near me which actually smell like this, for example industrial areas and it smells like hot brakes but its actually just outside!
Matt L

11th Nov 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it was in the middle of town. and i know it isnt the brakes because iv smelt my brakes burning once took it in the garage once to get them looked at and he tightened them up too much and after driving for a while they completly fadded which was quite scary as you could press the pedal the whole way down and nothing would happen. it deffinatley smells like burning oil :S
Matt L

11th Nov 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing i thought it could have bin seen as i couldnt see any leaks is that the oil was low so was heating up alot more but iv checked it earlire and its fine.
BarnshaW

11th Nov 06 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god knows, if the oil level is ok, brakes are ok, temperature is ok then i wouldnt worry too much for now

New Poll