corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » IXUS Range - Thoughts on which one to go for

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IXUS Range - Thoughts on which one to go for
Rob_Quads

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had a couple of canon cameras and been very impressed with them. My current IXUS II has been doing a great job in all sorts of conditions (i.e. -15 etc) but the time has come to look for a new camera with a higher pixel count as I do like to blow up some pictures and 2MB is limiting.
I know a number of other people with canons who also like them so are going to stick to what I know

So the current range is...

Canon 400 £144.01
Canon 55 5MP 3x zoom £147.50
Canon 60 6MP 3x zoom £185.24
Canon 65 6MP 3x zoom 2.1fps £152.50 **** BIG LCD Screen
Canon 750 7.1MP 3x zoom 2.0fps £205.00 ****
Canon 800 6MP 4x zoom £209.99
Canon 850 7.1MP 3.8x zoom + Stabiliser 1.7fps £239.99 **** Better Quality LCD
Canon 900 10MP 3x zoom 2.1fps £259.99

I probably am looking around the £200 mark which brings the 65/750/800/850. At the moment I can't really justify the extra to go to 900.

I keep going back and forward over what to go for - 65 as its the best value at the moment, £50 for an extra MP or for an extra x zoom. I personally think I would find the zoom more useful than the extra MP or would you spend that extra bit and go for the 850 which has almost the 4x zoom but also the 7.1 Pixel.

This is going to be a present so it will not really 'save' me money getting the cheapest but I don't want to waste money.

Thoughts??
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Nov 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know the exact model numbers, use this - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

Depends what you're photographing. Optical zoom is OK but telephotos aren't nice in the same way that being there and printing big can actually be a good pic. Wildlife or motorsport then perhaps you need reach, everything else just get closer!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » IXUS Range - Thoughts on which one to go for 23 database queries in 0.0654280 seconds