corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Photography help/pointers/evaluation of pics I've taken

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Photography help/pointers/evaluation of pics I've taken
Matt H

User status: Offline
14th Nov 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pics are all here - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=Matt%20H&carid=5396&page=all

(The ones towards the bottom numbered 1-52)

The quality is a bit crap as they've been scaled down when I uploaded them

Can someone have a little look through & tell me what they think is good & where I have gone wrong etc

Cheers
JonnyJ

14th Nov 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad matt although you couldnt have picked a much worse day, theres not enough light so all the pics look too dark. A few breaks in the cloud and some blue sky would make all the difference

Some nice angles though
Planty02

14th Nov 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before:

After:

Little play in photoshop will improve them 100x - just lightened it up and adjusted the contrast - quality isnt great tho
JonnyJ

14th Nov 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think on that pic you have gone a bit overbored with the contrast. The colours look unrealistic. If you're going to change anything when editing photos id adjust the levels first and see how it looks. I adjusted the levels on the same photo slightly and this is how it came out:

Before:

After:

Only a subtle adjustment but it does make a difference and keeps the photo looking "natural"

PS Matt is it just the lighting or is there a small dent on the top of the front bumper, near the wheel arch?

[Edited on 14-11-2006 by JonnyJ]
Planty02

15th Nov 06 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point taken but it was just a quick demo to show what can be done after the picture has been taken
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 06 at 01:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice location, plenty of pics which helps, but the light wasn't on your side!
Matt H

15th Nov 06 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the light creating a shadow on the bumper I think, noticed it whilst taking pics but the light was going so quick I didn't think it was worth trying to move it
JonnyJ

15th Nov 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
point taken but it was just a quick demo to show what can be done after the picture has been taken

JonnyJ

15th Nov 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
It was the light creating a shadow on the bumper I think, noticed it whilst taking pics but the light was going so quick I didn't think it was worth trying to move it

I see, was hoping it wasn't a dent, such a lovely car .

Bit off topic but ill be getting a digital SLR camera tomorrow so when i've had a bit of practice if you would like a photoshoot of your car Matt let me know
Joe

15th Nov 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 'dent' is where the Airdam never fitted properly so its on the bracket but the bumper is trying to pull itself down. Not really noticable normally but them pics make it stand out a fair bit.
Matt H

15th Nov 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure about that Joe? I've not spotted it before or since, plus when I stood in between the hedge & the car it disappeared?

Johnny - Sounds good

Marklark, mine & yours would make a good shoot Spotted a really cool location on the way back from that one^ Its on someones farm but Im sure if I ask nicely they'll oblige
Joe

15th Nov 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Matt, it used to hang down on the nearside but I got some brackets to pull it up. In person its not noticable, but the light seems to have made it stand out alot.

Like that Matt, not that bad but it annoyed me.
JonnyJ

15th Nov 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does that aswel joe on the same side
JonnyJ

15th Nov 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Johnny - Sounds good

Marklark, mine & yours would make a good shoot Spotted a really cool location on the way back from that one^ Its on someones farm but Im sure if I ask nicely they'll oblige

Definatly, ill get a bit of practice with it and we will have to arrange something
Joe

15th Nov 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Mine does that aswel joe on the same side

Annoying is'nt it, did you get the brackets with yours? I did'nt but fortunataly Corsash off here had some that he did'nt use so I got his.
JonnyJ

15th Nov 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not too sure really, i didn't fit it. Its off the road for winter so ill have a look at it.

Im like you most people wouldn't notice it but it really bugs me! Luckily with mine being black in pics it doesn't show up as much
Joe

15th Nov 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are only a couple of bits of metal so would be pretty easy to make.

These are them, they just screw into the side of the car where the plastic mounting is.

Anyway thread hijacking over.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Photography help/pointers/evaluation of pics I've taken 23 database queries in 0.0173829 seconds