corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vx220

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vx220
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
25th Nov 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will a vx220 steering wheel fit onto a corsa b?? and would the airbag work in it with plug n play??
SetH

25th Nov 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be bloody dangerous and probably invalidate your insurance to be honest. airbags are speced up for the car that they are meant to be fitted to. leaving the airbag functional and putting it into a corsa b would not be advisable. your better to have the airbag component removed from the wheel, a dodgy job in itself imo.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Nov 06 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw a vx220 wheel fitted to a nova in the changes to make for winter thread a few days back, looked like the unit was still in it but obviously not linked up as nova's don't have airbags

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
STEvieXE

25th Nov 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i know airbags should not be fucked about with. we have a locked to the floor cabinet for airbags at work and know how to remove them correctly etc, but i wonder is the centre part of the wheel the full airbag unit?? id say so. if so then i wouldnt fancy an airbag that close to me plugged in or not...
Ojc

25th Nov 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The airbag is deactivated when the steering wheel is removed, I would have thought on the Nova the bag and explosive had been removed.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Nov 06 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the whole centre of the wheel is the bag, yes.

it is possible to split it, and fit the wheel in a corsa/nova/whatever, BUT it's tiny, and your sterring would be REALLY heavy.
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Nov 06 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
the whole centre of the wheel is the bag, yes.

it is possible to split it, and fit the wheel in a corsa/nova/whatever, BUT it's tiny, and your sterring would be REALLY heavy.

Agreed, bad enough without the engine over wheels

Looking at this one???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-VX220-Turbo-leather-steering-wheel-MOMO_W0QQitemZ190054730485QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
STEvieXE

25th Nov 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but even airbags with no power source can still go pop as is why they are supposed to be kept in a locked and bolted to the floor box for insurance reasons

maybe my brillant idea wasnt so brillant after all then...
burgess

26th Nov 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has one in his corsa
bought a wheel like that and made a cover for the centre
then I found a deployed airbag unit for it, fixed the cover up from the inside now you cant tell it has ever been off
STEvieXE

26th Nov 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the steering very heavy?? does the horn work ok, any pics??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vx220 23 database queries in 0.0441530 seconds