corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 7.5" wide 15s on a Corsa B?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 7.5" wide 15s on a Corsa B?
EarlofBarnet

User status: Offline
27th Nov 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to look at some very tasty alloys tomorrow night, but not 100% sure if they'll fit my Corsa!

Anyone ever fitted 7.5" wide 15s to a Corsa B? Any probs? They're phat, but I think they'll really suit the look I'm going for.

I've only lowered mine 40mm if that helps?

Anyone?
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what offset?
EarlofBarnet

27th Nov 06 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He thinks 42...which doesn't sound too good.

I had et40s 16s on my old GSi when lowered 40mm, but they weren't 7 1/2" wide, lol!
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, speak to Rob B/Willhouse/Jimmy2.1 they've all got/had wide wheels with low offsets.

See what they say for archwork.
EarlofBarnet

27th Nov 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you recon they'll definitely need some work on the arches then?

Really want the wheels, they're truely cool. Might have to see if I can try them on before buying them.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might need trimming, debolting and bonding.
EarlofBarnet

27th Nov 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mmmmm...be reet. An excuse to play with a grinder isn't it!
Pollard

27th Nov 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehehe

sounds gr8, ide love a set of really deep dish dub style wheels for my corsa but cant find any

were did u find yours too?

mb anyone!

J
EarlofBarnet

27th Nov 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are 2nd hand Azev jobs, not really deep dish, just wide. Dub style wheels look awesome though, just a shame of the price attached to them.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7.5" will fit Earl......

de-bolt the rear arches I've been playing with spacers on my rear wheels to see about my winter plans!

No scrubbage and my rear arches are all standard.....

If you get the tyre stretched over it makes all the diff when tucking under the arches, and you know how tight mine are on 7" wide

Guessing these are Ricks wheels? (get them bought, he's a sound guy)

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
EarlofBarnet

28th Nov 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup they are Ricks old wheels Dan. They look awesome, I had a set on my old Golf GTi and they are well tidy.

Will be a bit gutted if I have to bond on my arches, but needs must I suppose. Yours are well tight, I've got another 1/2" wider than yours! Gulp! Suppose I loose 1" in height on yours though, that might help, hopefully.

Is there any safety things to consider when stretching a tyre over a wide wheel? Like a 195 on a 7.5" rim?
mwg

28th Nov 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably make the back end skittish under heavy braking.

Thats what my mates Golf is like anyway cos he has the rear tyres stretched over much wider wheels.
willhouse

28th Nov 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 195 45 on a 8 inch wide 15 inch rear rims. not had any problems with tyres popping beads.

iirc 195 tires will go up to a 7 inch wide rim anyway as per most manufacturers recommendations safely, so stretching it 12.5mm isn't going to hurt. (start worrying when your stretching 195's on to 9 inch rims)

rear arches need cuting up to near the spot welds and painting to seal. then bond rear arches back on. you should still be able to use 2 of the original bolts to the bottom front of the rear arches as you dont have to cut that part of the arch down.

on my fronts i havent touched the arches and they are a 7 inch rim on et 36 i think. no rubbing at all and its a 50mm drop on 195 45 15 tyres again.
willhouse

28th Nov 06 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and your have to let the tyres rub the plastic arch away for a while after trimming the metal arch down, this does no damage to the tyre.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 7.5" wide 15s on a Corsa B? 23 database queries in 0.1167340 seconds