corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chelsea Fans

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chelsea Fans
Danny P

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many at Wigan today were they.

Premiership Champions and nearly a thousand spare seats in your allocation, pathetic
Pop

24th Dec 06 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a long way to go on the last Saturday before Christmas when you know you're going to win

*disclaimer* I'm not a Chelsea fan by the way, merely a realist
ljames555

24th Dec 06 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are pushing there luck
shawboy

24th Dec 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its at wigan, its never full.
Cosmo

24th Dec 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Utd and Liverpool took up their 5,500 there Chelsea had less than 1000 from what the radio said.
Rob_Quads

24th Dec 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Utd and Liverpool took up their 5,500 there Chelsea had less than 1000 from what the radio said.

Yeah and Utd & Liverpool are just next to London aren't they Its more like Utd or Liverpool not filling thier allocation at somewhere like Pompy in terms of distance.
Danny P

24th Dec 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Yeah and Utd & Liverpool are just next to London aren't they Its more like Utd or Liverpool not filling thier allocation at somewhere like Pompy in terms of distance.

United fill EVERYWHERE they go, as do Liverpool from what i've seen.

Cant take the point about it being last Saturday before x-mas, but the amount of Chelsea "fans" you see out an about then you'd expect it to be full every week
Robbo

24th Dec 06 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very few places were full yesterday, its a long way to go on Dec 23rd! I would have gone to arsenal but no way was i fannying around on dec 23rd, much better off at home!!
Nath

24th Dec 06 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Please Cosmo, where is London in relation to Wigan?
Where is Manchester and Liverpool in relation to Wigan?
Nath

24th Dec 06 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Very few places were full yesterday, its a long way to go on Dec 23rd! I would have gone to arsenal but no way was i fannying around on dec 23rd, much better off at home!!

Exactly, the Emirates was only 59k full, thats over 1k spare seats. Not much, but not full either way.
Robbo

24th Dec 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip and it was the lowest attendance ever for a prem game there by one person Think there were 1200 spare seats in total... quite a bit considering most matches reach capacity very quickly there (liek Man U and Chelski, just the sheer weight of people wanting to go!)
Cosmo

24th Dec 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i understand its only a few miles away, but Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle and those teams fill their allocation wherever in the world...no matter when it is!
MarkM

24th Dec 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah i understand its only a few miles away, but Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle and those teams fill their allocation wherever in the world...no matter when it is!

Newcastle dont...when they played Palermo (think it was) the away end was empty...

GREG 1

24th Dec 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was more than 1000 chelsea fans there yesterday!

Also the noise they made was amazing, non stop behind there team even when wigan pulled it back to 2-2, the players responded to this by giving there shirts to them all.

With regards to the rest it's already been said!
Cosmo

24th Dec 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noise or not, 1000 tickets ut of 5500 is ridiculous for the 'top' team in the Prem.

It just shows they are a club of bought supporters, who are only there for a few cups and dont travel to support them...unlike the majority of the clubs in the Prem.

Nath

24th Dec 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
noise or not, 1000 tickets ut of 5500 is ridiculous for the 'top' team in the Prem.

It just shows they are a club of bought supporters, who are only there for a few cups and dont travel to support them...unlike the majority of the clubs in the Prem.

Yawn.................
GREG 1

25th Dec 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that its xmas, loads of games over xmas, long way to travel (costs money) in all cups and champs league, which also isnt cheap as chelsea have a great following in europe!
Cosmo

25th Dec 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Yawn.................

Yawn all you like mate, but ALL top Prem clubs have a great away following (and Im not just saying Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool). Even sides like Reading and Portsmouth have brought a full allocation to Anfield this season.
Cosmo

25th Dec 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
So it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that its xmas, loads of games over xmas, long way to travel (costs money) in all cups and champs league, which also isnt cheap as chelsea have a great following in europe!

Tickets to Stanford Bridige cost what, £50+?

Wigan sold these tickets for £15 EACH, so would probably be cheaper to travel to there for the match than a home game!
Thoday

25th Dec 06 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get the hint mate .. few people agree with you.

Get off the band wagon will you.. all you talk about is chelsea, chelsea chelsea..

As per other posts Nath and Robbo only speak honestly the rest of you are biased.

Cosmo

25th Dec 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't care less if people agreed with me or not, I dont post only what I think others will agree with.

My point is, and Im sure the majority will agree, is that ONLY taking around 1000 fans to an away game (no matter when or where) is nowhere near good enough for a supposed 'top team' in the world.

Agree with me or not (I dont particularly care!), its a valid point which isnt based on any bias as is praising other top clubs other than my own who DO take a shed load of fans everywhere.
chris-sri

26th Dec 06 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appreciate that it was December 23rd, However I see so many Chelsea shirts around now that I would have thought that people would have appreciated the chance of getting a ticket especially for an away game. Either Chelsea have not properly communicated the fact that these tickets were available or their fans can't be arsed to go. When I started travelling to Old Trafford I just took what I could get Carling Cup and Champions league etc simply because Premiership tickets are like gold dust. It would have been a perfect chance for someone who doesn't normally get to a game to go tbh.
liamC

26th Dec 06 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fickle cockney wankers.
Danny P

27th Dec 06 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
Appreciate that it was December 23rd, However I see so many Chelsea shirts around now that I would have thought that people would have appreciated the chance of getting a ticket especially for an away game. Either Chelsea have not properly communicated the fact that these tickets were available or their fans can't be arsed to go. When I started travelling to Old Trafford I just took what I could get Carling Cup and Champions league etc simply because Premiership tickets are like gold dust. It would have been a perfect chance for someone who doesn't normally get to a game to go tbh.

Exactly my point
Mather.16v

27th Dec 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well said chris

in other news man utd set the a new record premiership attendance yesterday

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chelsea Fans 23 database queries in 0.0196829 seconds