corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford question
Butler

User status: Offline
8th Jan 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok quick question im bored and im thinking, those clued up about modified engines will know anyway.

Im talking about the 16i CVH block.

On a bike carb conversion running omex 500 management, modified head with enlarged ports, high lift cam and a raised rev limit to around 7200rpm. Would it be risky running on the standard bottom end or would forged pistons and con rods be wise? Im not sure how much they can take, am I better asking on a ford site or is that common sense? Id say it would be running in the region of 170bhp+

Cheers for any help.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 07 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.passionford.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=7f5b0dd21dc4a3722c96b6a3261ceed3

RS1600i section of PassionFord ^

Speak to pjv7771, he has a bike carbed 16i
Butler

8th Jan 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah look in the thread Robin
Butler

8th Jan 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jimmy B thats me
jr

8th Jan 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure the i had a diffrent spec bottom end, like robin said as pjv he'll know, SVM will know about the block i would have though
Butler

8th Jan 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as im aware its not as strong as the rst one, I dont know if that means anything. I will speak to PJV when he comes online.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 07 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, I didn't see you'd posted

I'm not sure you'll get 170bhp easily, there's a 16i in performance ford this/last month, with a 2.0 Zetec bottom end and a 16i head, with 40s/45s and it has 170bhp I think...

pjv will know more than me though, obviously.
Butler

8th Jan 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Ah, I didn't see you'd posted

I'm not sure you'll get 170bhp easily, there's a 16i in performance ford this/last month, with a 2.0 Zetec bottom end and a 16i head, with 40s/45s and it has 170bhp I think...

pjv will know more than me though, obviously.

I dont imagine its hard to obtain. His made 149bhp on the r1 carbs and if im right the rest of the engine is pretty much or completely standard.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford question 22 database queries in 0.0096209 seconds