corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Running two sound cards...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running two sound cards...
ed

User status: Offline
12th Jan 07 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read my second post in here if you can help

[Edited on 12-01-2007 by ed]
--Dave--
Banned

12th Jan 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean physically putting it in your computer or installing the drivers?
ed

12th Jan 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was being stupid. There were loads of differet drivers on this one CD and I was trying to install the wrong one...

Next problem is...

I need to use two sound devices. I have on board sound, and a PCI sound card installed. There are no conflicts between the two devices, however, when I attempt to boot the PC with both devices enabled the PC fails to boot. It goes to a black screen in between the Windows loading screen and the Windows login screen.

Are you actually allowed to run two sound cards, or does Windows complain no matter what you do...
Aaron

12th Jan 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I was being stupid. There were loads of differet drivers on this one CD and I was trying to install the wrong one...

Next problem is...

I need to use two sound devices. I have on board sound, and a PCI sound card installed. There are no conflicts between the two devices, however, when I attempt to boot the PC with both devices enabled the PC fails to boot. It goes to a black screen in between the Windows loading screen and the Windows login screen.

Are you actually allowed to run two sound cards, or does Windows complain no matter what you do...

Yes it is possible because i've done it in the past with some crappy music mixing software before i got my decks
ed

12th Jan 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't work with them both enabled I've really pissed it off

I think it migh tbe something to do with thier little apps that they run in the system tray pissing eachother off. Though I can't see a way of deleting those programs without deleting the drivers too...
jamesw

12th Jan 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run msconfig and stop them from starting on boot, if that dnt wrk, go into dev manager, and into the resources of one of them, and change the assigment of irq's etc to manual rather than auto

[Edited on 12-01-2007 by jamesw]
ed

12th Jan 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't change the IRQ's as there is no conflict apparently. I have had it working, now it wont... Blah, fuck it.

New Poll