corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smooth boot reg. on rear window

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smooth boot reg. on rear window
damo sri

User status: Offline
13th Jan 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi every1 is it ok (by law and mot) to have your number plate stuck to the top of your rear window just under the sri spoiler? started smoothing my boot and need to put the reg plate somewhere and that seams like the best place for it as i have fitted a light in the rear spoiler in place of the washer jet.
any advice will be a big help.
thank damo
damandblast

13th Jan 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well.

By mot the rear num plate must have a light on it and be visable from the back (well ya)

However my kits still waiting on spray and i have mine stuck to the back window at the bottom right.

Never been pulled over and also dvla didn't have a problem with it on a driving test.

damo sri

13th Jan 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i like to hear i have the plate about 2 inchs down from the top of the screen and i have fitted an old side repeater lamp and holder to the spoiler just got to make an enclosure for the lamp so no white light is showing at the rear i recon it should be ok then.
Wonderboy

13th Jan 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would that be visible by the cars behind you ? As long as they can easily make out all of the numbers and letters i think it should be ok.
damandblast

13th Jan 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as long as it's clear from a certain distance i believe it's fine. similar to the number plate test when you go for a driving test distance i think 30 ft or something along those lines.

I put mine towards the bottom just a little easier to see + keeps your rear mirror visable.
damo sri

13th Jan 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah u should be able to see it. i thought if i keep it near the top i have got somewhere 4 the light to go not that worried about seeing out the back window as i have it tinted and cant see jack s#*t out of it at night any way lol

New Poll