corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » centre console

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author centre console
JayT

User status: Offline
15th Jan 07 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my lights that lights up my heater setting dial is not working, im guessin the bulbs gone, how do i get to it to change it?
BarnshaW

15th Jan 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried hitting it hard? to see if connection come loose? mine have gone off but i have never bothered replacing them
AuroraSport

15th Jan 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guide in the tutorials, its not hard, just fiddly
deano87

15th Jan 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of mine have gone, and have never worked since I got the car in September lucky I know what all the functions are.

It says how to do it in the Haynes book and is quite lengthy, not just a case of taking the dials off. iirc you have to take off the air vents above, hazard button, heated rear screen dial and then be very careful with some screwdrivers prising it out!
JayT

15th Jan 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of the 3 dials its the far right one!other two work! saying that they werent last night until i smacked the side of the centre console because i was pissed off hey came back on lol
deano87

15th Jan 07 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're probably better of replacing all 3 bulbs then whilst you have the whole console out - save doing it again!
mattievRS

15th Jan 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=38827
JayT

15th Jan 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked in the tutorials section and the pics arent up any more which dont help, sounds a bit tricky and dodgy, only want to fix them for when i come to sell it!
alli Ronald

17th Jan 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*slight highjack

yeh i have the same problem, not only in the heater/centre console but also behind the speedo/rev dials, it appears to have 3 bulbs behind and the middle one has gone - meaning i cant see the speed until 60ish or revs till 4k!!

anyone have a guide with pics on how to replace these and those in centre console?

search function seems to be dissabled

thank you,
deano87

17th Jan 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alli Ronald
*slight highjack

yeh i have the same problem, not only in the heater/centre console but also behind the speedo/rev dials, it appears to have 3 bulbs behind and the middle one has gone - meaning i cant see the speed until 60ish or revs till 4k!!

anyone have a guide with pics on how to replace these and those in centre console?

search function seems to be dissabled

thank you,

I should imagine just taking the dash glass out etc - there is plenty of screw holes around, just be careful. You'd definitely access the bulbs from inside the car
Haimsey
Premium Member

17th Jan 07 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be laughing if you hit it and the other two stop working

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Mike GSi

17th Jan 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dash clock ones are easy, i changed mine to blue ones. i hav no pics but all u hav to do is unscrew the two screws that hold the ignition casing together, then the one undernieth. then theres two more on the plastics behind the steering wheel.(clocks casing)undo them and take it off this will reveal the clock panel. theres 2or3 more screws holding the dial console in.undo them and pull out the dial console.
oh if ur corsa is an early one it will hav a speedo cable too. this can b a pain in the arse. u can just about get ur hand behind the console to release it.......good luck. lol

New Poll