corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 16v xel transplate in to a 8v can any1 help????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 16v xel transplate in to a 8v can any1 help????
D41EOS

User status: Offline
15th Jan 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya im starting a new project and i cant get my head around a few things... ive got a x16xel and im wanting to put it in my corsa 1.4 8v... whats the differances? the main one i can see is the fuel pipes do i need tank and pipes out of a gsi or any 16v corsa because of the 17mm + 19mm screw on pipes to the fuel rail where the 8v is a carb... has any1 came across this? is there any way around it? is there any other things i shud look out for?and other that 5bhp whats the differance between the x16xe and the xel because i hane xe parts which i mite try and swap...
Jas

15th Jan 07 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the inlet manifold on the xel and xe are differant
the lower inlet on both is differant..
and im not certain but maybe cams are differant too!

Correct me if im wrong, but the xel produces more torque the x16xe though...

ive had both engines...

and there isnt that much in it,,,
D41EOS

16th Jan 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both the inlets look the same with the egr valve on the back and that... not sure about the cams mite have to pull them out and compair the numbers on them ! not sure about the torque all i know is that the x16xe has 104bhp and the xel 99bhp

New Poll