corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spark plug holes filling up with oil?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spark plug holes filling up with oil?
davey_jack

User status: Offline
19th Jan 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, as above, when I take out my HT leads on my X14XE they are dripping wet with oil! Could this be the rocker cover gasket? Before anyone asks, no I havent spilt oil down there and it has it in all four holes!
abdus

19th Jan 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, it could be. I had the same problem when the rocker cover gasket was leaking (a lot)
davey_jack

19th Jan 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do u have to apply sealing compound or anything to the gasket, cos I dont see the point in replacing it as its only 3 months old.
jamied

19th Jan 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never used sealing compound. are you sure its on correctly?i repllaced mine just in case and for sake of £6
abdus

19th Jan 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, changed the whole gasket

Actually, it was leaking quite a lot, and even had bad petrol smell from the canister part.

Lee M told me it was due to the leakage, lol, it was in all the plugs; carwasn't misfiring though.

Got a brand new GM gasket, Lee M cleaned all of it, no seal but check for the small rings when you remove the cover.

All fitted again and no petrol smell anymore, car runs better (after the cleaning) etc...

davey_jack

19th Jan 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought new gaskets! Didnt realise the inlet side gasket was different to the exhaust size, and exhaust side is nearly double the price!
ainsley_brader

19th Jan 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pattern rocker cover gaskets are much poorer quality than GM.

Its the only gasket that i always fit GM.

New Poll