corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Projector for Gaming/Watching the Footy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Projector for Gaming/Watching the Footy
dj_mikey_k

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 07 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all need ideas of which projector to buy for my gaming room (Sad I know)

We have a 360/Wii all the usual gaming goodies, plus a media centre pc all hooked up to Samsung HDTV, but we are moving the rig down stairs as my room is not big enough to hold the amount of peeps who cum round on a friday night for Wii Bowling and Pro Evo

so we have decided to get a Projector for the front room, mainly we will use it for the wii, pro evo 6 on the 360 and to watch the footy/boxing on dodgy cable any recommendations would be appricated
topshot_2k
Banned

23rd Jan 07 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it the xbox not lose its quality?
dj_mikey_k

23rd Jan 07 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the type of projector
dave17

23rd Jan 07 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about getting a projector, but i want an HD one, dont know where to start
poole

23rd Jan 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
I was thinking about getting a projector, but i want an HD one, dont know where to start

Getting a big loan
Cole

23rd Jan 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hasnt drunkenfool got a hd projector
drunkenfool

23rd Jan 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I do I'd definately recommend an LCD over DLP due to the "rainbow effect" of DLP's (even on £1500+ ones) which means that if you turn your head quickly or look away quickly you see a rainbow of colours in the corner of your eye and its SOOOO fustrating once you've noticed it once It may just be me, but when I was shopping around for mine I went to a proper home cinema show room and tested a couple out and it put me off straight away. Anyway, the only downside of LCDs is they are generally not as bright as DLPs. but obvioiusly to get the best out of a projector they should be used in a dark room anyway, and its not like the LCDs are faint. I got mine in my bedroom mounted to the ceiling above the head of my bed. and an 82" screen on the other side mounted on the ceiling by the foot of my bed, makes watching films in bed great Anyway as for the projector itself, I got the Panasonic PT-AE900E which was around £1250 about a year ago, and I can't recommend it enough, but as it was around a year ago I'm guessing there is something better out now! I don't go back to uni till monday so if you let me know your budget i could do a bit of research for you if you want, will give me a chance to catch up with the new technology too
abdus

23rd Jan 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never got the rainbow effect with my DLP though...

Maybe I'm not moving my head quick enough
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

projector is top of the list for me to buy when I move later this year. Sod having 2 spare bedrooms, one of them is becoming a gaming/cinema room!

New Poll