corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gsi rear bumper- confused

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi rear bumper- confused
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
28th Jan 07 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gsi bumper is the one with the fat moulding line that doesnt go all the way to the edge

pre 97 1.2 etc had the same fat indentation line plus another small line which runs from end to end of the bumper

in the scrappy yesterday i saw a boggo corsa with wot looked like a gsi corsa and then in the projects and builds section there is a thread about a 90 quid corsa which looks to have the gsi bumper as well??

were the bumpers all the same up to a certain age until the rear pre 97 with smaller line also came in or wot or can anyone shed any light on this one??
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought a GSi bumper was just a pre 97 fully colour coded, thats what my GSi rear appears to be:

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
ed

28th Jan 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi bumper is the same as a normal pre-facelift bumper but painted right?
STEvieXE

28th Jan 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah
that red one is a gsi bumper but is also the same one i saw at the scrappys and in the projects n builds on the 90quid corsa.

ill try and get a pic of a pre 97 rear bumper with smaller recess line the whole way around
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normal Pre 97:

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
STEvieXE

28th Jan 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black unpainted version of GSi on the basic models
half colour coded version like top pic
GSi fully colour coded bumper

found it on search on a topic i started ages ago
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the normal pre-97 and gsi ones are the same bumper, just one is painted, the colour coded ones are the ones with the line across.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pre 97 rear colour coded:

STEvieXE

28th Jan 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you are correct
davey_jack

28th Jan 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
the normal pre-97 and gsi ones are the same bumper, just one is painted, the colour coded ones are the ones with the line across.

yeah this is what i understand, thought that was why gsi rear bumpers never sell for anywhere near as much as gsi fronts.
STEvieXE

28th Jan 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Pre 97 rear colour coded:

note the smaller line where the colour coding stops.. small recess running the full width of the bumper

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gsi rear bumper- confused 23 database queries in 0.0147252 seconds