corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new stadium...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpools new stadium...
Robbo

User status: Offline
31st Jan 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under threat? Seems Liverpool are stalling to review this Gillet deal!

That said, other than the silly location of Anfield do you really think a new stadium is necessary when you have 45k capacity? The atmosphere being the most fragile point IMO... how many games has that won you over the years!!
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really under threat, they will still go for the DIC deal without a doubt. Gillet may be offering more but wants to ground share with Everton and do a similar thing you have to pay for it (securing it against ticket sales over the next however long). Moores WILL NOT sell to anyone who wants to do this, he'd rather keep hold himself hence why its taken so long to find an investor.

Work should start by March, but I was walking past where it is going to be the other week and there are already some workers there doing something, Im guessing clearing some of the area, etc.

We need to move for the revenue the extra 15k+ fans would bring in. To compete at the top level and also be self funding (i.e. not Chelsea!) then we need more money coming in. We cant expand Anfield without basically changing everything about it so it wouldnt be Anfield anymore anyway.

Plus its the fans that make the atmosphere, not the gorund. Just look at us in Istanbul and the atmosphere there. So you know what its like with 45k Liverpool fans, 60k would be amazing.

Robbo

31st Jan 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All good points
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
All good points

its something Im sure your fans thought a lot about with moving to a new ground. The history is all at Anfield as it was at Highbury, but for the future of the club things need to change and new 'history' can be created at the new ground.
Robbo

31st Jan 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, but then Arsenal fans are fairly boring bastards most of the time
Tom

31st Jan 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo you know must spend alot of time reading about lfc

I know most of what you are saying but it's obviously a much bigger part of your life than mine

Agree with all your points, we will defo go ahead with it as we need to move with the times and are fans have a big presence even at most away games
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just have a few forums I visit and read but dont post on! That and using common sense and not listening to anything the media try and come out with
Tom

31st Jan 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Koprano's?

I look at a few but most are a bit poorly laid out tbh, get most info of you tbh
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talklfc.net isnt a bad one. Got to take some of the stuff with a pinch of salt as a lot can be made up. But are a few guys on there who have come out with rumours that often come true.

Other than that got a few mates who text me stuff if they hear it, and get some news that the press/other fans dont get about the takeover as own shares.
Tom

31st Jan 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get on talklfc.net

Feel free to pass on serious rumours to me though
Cosmo

31st Jan 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to post them here if I think they are serious, will let you know if I get anymore though.

This summer should be interesting as we'll have the DIC money by then to buy some proper players

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new stadium... 23 database queries in 0.0116642 seconds