corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alloys and PAS - URGENT HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alloys and PAS - URGENT HELP
cor5a_tommy

User status: Offline
   1st Feb 07 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

I have a question thats been on my mind a while now. I have just bought a 1.2 8v 5dr corsa for my GF. It doesnt have PAS but looks pants with standard steel wheels. As such, do any of you have experience with fitting alloys to non PAS cars and if so, did it make the steering much heavier?

My dad reckons it will make it even harder to drive, which for me isnt a problem, but shes not that strong and as such im worried alloys (15inch) might be a tall order?

Any thoughts please???
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be wait until she has got used to the car?

I don't think it's make too much difference to be honest. Alloy is also lighter than steel - if you don't go too big, it might even make it lighter
cor5a_tommy

1st Feb 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one cheers dude, well ive already got the wheels from my Corsa before i upgraded so theres no cost involved. But cheers, will bear that in mind.
Dean_W

1st Feb 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends if the tyres are wider than the originals. For example, going from 135's to 195's will be a lot heavier.

From 175's to 195's will not be too much heavier.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Feb 07 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

wouldnt it be better to put themon before she is used to it so she doesnt realise the difference in weight
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

wouldnt it be better to put themon before she is used to it so she doesnt realise the difference in weight

But what if she can barely drive the car at the moment - it'd be even more dangerous putting them on
dannymccann

1st Feb 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But what if she can barely drive the car at the moment - it'd be even more dangerous putting them on

My 90 year old grandma can handle her corsa fine as standard without PAS, so im sure your GF will have no problem

New Poll