corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Damn Ebay noobs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damn Ebay noobs
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Feb 07 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a wireless router, firmware is v2.1 June 2006 but wireless doesn't work. Newest firmware on DLink site is 1.20 in 2005. Looks like someone has upgraded the firmware with the wrong version and killed it, then sold it to me to fix

No feedback left yet though, plus he has stated its 'as new' - clearly not - when they're new they don't have a completely zero wireless MAC. Grrr.
All Torque

7th Feb 07 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contacted them yet?

Report them to ebay for selling faulty goods / false advertising
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 07 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seeing if I can install the correct one. I've mailed the guy to ask if it was him that broke it being a complete dumbass.

Thing is - it routes fine, wired network is sound, just the wireless bit. My current thinking is that the current installed firmware is a wired router.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 07 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct firmware installed and the MAC is still all zeroes

Zero packets sent and received.

Netstumbler on the laptop can't see it.

Richie

7th Feb 07 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do I sense the DWL-700AP at the centre of this.....
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 07 at 02:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, its a DI-624M

Not a rare problem by all accounts.

http://www.ianbmacdonald.com/wordpress/di-624m-un-brick-howto/

Just about to get on to step 14.
Richie

7th Feb 07 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the exact same problem with a DLink DWL-700AP. MAC addy was all 00's or FF's. Had to downgrade the firmware and factory reset it about 10 times to get it sorted
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 07 at 02:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite happy its fixable. This guy is still getting neg for lying though. Blatently cocked it up himself and sold it as working.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 07 at 03:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update, I've had the lid off and the mini-PCI card wasn't seated correctly. Pluggedd that back in right and reflashed it yet again but still the zeroes. Then, strangely the entire interface disappeared. Pinging now but no web app.

See what it decides to do tomorrow.

The seller mailed back and offered a refund but I still don't want to lose money posting it back. Grr.

New Poll