corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cav rear caliper - changing pads but what is the spring for?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cav rear caliper - changing pads but what is the spring for?
RKS

User status: Offline
13th Feb 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have changed the rear pads on a cavalier caliper, I got the pins out and there is a spring type clip which pushes on the pads and is hooked around the pins, this was corroded badly and on the one side the springs snapped in half as it was removed.

What does this spring clip do? and where would I get a new one from? motor factors? tried ebay but there doesnt appear to be any on there.
timmee

User status: Offline
13th Feb 07 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's an anti rattle spring should be able to get a new 1 from the local motor factors

New Poll