corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Quick Q Re. Amps and Speakers (home audio)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick Q Re. Amps and Speakers (home audio)
Rich H

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would an amp with 4 ohm or 8 ohm output power 6 ohm speakers?

I dont quite get all the ohm stuff
corb

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you run 6ohm speakers off an amp rated as 8ohm stable, the amp will have to work harder and could potentially damage the amp and speakers. However, it can all come down to how its set up, how hard its run etc.etc.

I used to run an amp in my car at 1ohm even though it was quoted as being 2ohm stable, but I was careful with how hard I pushed it.

New Poll