corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate lights!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Number plate lights!!!
CorsaLaydee

User status: Offline
6th Mar 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm desperate for some as I have sold the corsa under the condition it has an MOT, it will pass except it has no number plate light on the rear, i've rung halfords, I can't think of anywhere that will sell them (I have the number plate light recess smoothed and a smooth boot) where can I buy these 'bolt lights' but NOT off ebay, I need them now!!!! Or I'll miss out on the Supra I am supposed to be buying later

oh and even if it looks stupid or whatever, this does not matter, I only need something as a temporary solution to pass the MOT as the new owner will fix the plates on permanently when she gets it (was just going to cable tie them to the rear chrome bars)

[Edited on 06-03-2007 by CorsaLaydee]
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk
SXi_Tim

6th Mar 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrappy, halfords will sell them aswell, think they are called festoon bulbs (the smaller ones)
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm I rang halfords they just said ''what the bulbs'' or ''what the reverse light'' I was thinking of going down a scrappy, but what car do I nick one off?! and how would I mount it
SXi_Tim

6th Mar 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I misunderstood you, what do you mean bolt lights? The ones that go in the MFD and dash?
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk

I wanted something now ideally, don't want to order something, wait for it to arrive etc.
What about a motorworld store?!
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
I misunderstood you, what do you mean bolt lights? The ones that go in the MFD and dash?

No to light up my rear number plate. whats MFD? You can get these bolts that screw through the plates to hold them on to the car and also have a light in them, had them on a previous car got them from gsmotorsport but again, I don't want to order anything, I need a quick fix!!
SXi_Tim

6th Mar 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't really light your numberplates up, they just look pretty toss. Why don't you just buy a numberplate light bulb?
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean buy a bulb? Where would I put it? Like I said, I had the recess smoothed out on the rear bumper and the boot is smoothed so i need something else!
SXi_Tim

6th Mar 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, i see what you are saying, even though i wouldn't have thought those bolt lights are legal anyway? Not sure what you could use.
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the bolt lights are fine, they shine a light only onto the plate but Halfords don't sell them!! Ahh I may just give up it may be quicker to ring around for a dodgy MOT garage lol
SXi_Tim

6th Mar 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah try and find a garage that will do it you, there will be one...my 1994 corsa flew through the other month when it really shouldn't have
CorsaLaydee

6th Mar 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm not as easy as I thought, i've rang 7 or 8 local places, all say ''nope its going to fail on the number plate lights then isn't it'' what about if I ask them not to give me the mot cert till I get it sorted but still mot it?! Im sure there used to be loads of dodgy mot places around!
kirby

6th Mar 07 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

motor world should do them, and have you actually been in halfords, dont speak to the geeks on the phone, they dont know anything lol
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what and the ones in store do
pow
Premium Member

6th Mar 07 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant youn bodge summet up yourself?

Maplins project box, rear numberplate light out of something and give it +12v and a ground. stick it to the top or bottom of your numberplate... ta daa!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate lights!!! 22 database queries in 0.0113311 seconds