corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car crash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car crash
chudds

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it happend today and before you ask i feel i was in the right as do two witnesses!

i was hit by a grand vitara! on the front left hand sidecompletly ripping the bumper off smashing the light and bedning the fron wing out and has done somethin to the bonnet so that it makes it a bitch to open!

now under the slam panel there is a big black peice of metal (its a corsa sport 1997) this has been pushed back about 6 or 7 inches looks quite bad!

npw i managed to drive the car bk home jus round the corner and was to angry to check weather it was drivning staight or not!

im wondering weather the chassis is twisted making it a right off!

now i appriciate that you havnt seen the car but does ne bdy know if the car is designed to take that kind of hit to save the chassis!

also whats the cost of gettin this repaired if it has twisted because if it is knackerd im a buy a diesel and put a let in the corsa and puttin it on the track( which isnt really a bad thing

n e help is much appriciated and if n e body has got a story let us know?
AndyCorsaSport

16th Mar 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because the chassis maybe twisted, doesnt mean it will get written off. I work for a repair company, we straighten or section chassis legs all the time.

As for the bonnet opening/closing im guessing the front panel has been pushed across a bit, cant really say without pics.
chudds

16th Mar 07 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its difficult with out seein it bu ti always thought that if the chassis had twisted or ben that it was game over!

my dads a panal beater for pug in manchester hes bin doin it for 25 years so hes comin havin a look at it im inda hoping that it does get written off so i can have soem serious fun on the track over summer lol

New Poll