corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever fitted a towbar?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever fitted a towbar?
sigibbons

User status: Offline
17th Mar 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im needing a towbar on my mk4 astravan and was wondering how hard it was to fit one and wire the electics in?

Thanks
corsa.v6

17th Mar 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pain in the arse to do

[Edited on 17-03-2007 by corsa.v6]
lozarus

17th Mar 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astravans are fairly easy ones to do. worst bit is the wiring which is a bit of a bitch to do unless you know which colour wire (from the plug) you have to use to wire into the current light loom. need a test light to do idealy unless the tow bar comes with manual saying which wire goes to which wire if you get me.
sigibbons

17th Mar 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whys that mate? Ive been quoted £170 by a local trailer firm to supply fit the bar and electrics, do you think i should go for that considering im going to be spending £80 ish on the bar alone.
lozarus

17th Mar 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say if they can get the two bar for 50/60 quid thats just over 100 on labour. would take about 2 hours to do so that aint a bad price. if your not too confident with fitting the bar/electrics best bet is to fork out the 170£ but if think you can do it yourself have a go the tow bars come with instructions

other way is to fit the tow bar yourself (bar the wiring) then take it to the garage get them to wire in the electrics which would bring the ££ down a bit. Or go to a garage see if anyone wants to do it as a PJ.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever fitted a towbar? 22 database queries in 0.0060480 seconds