corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!!!! my diesel corsa not getting any fuel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP!!!! my diesel corsa not getting any fuel
cheekymatt

User status: Offline
   19th Mar 07 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi peeps, i have a w reg 2000 diesel corsa with 61k on the clock, however ive had it 4 months and it all fairness its been running like a dream,up until 3 days ago! was driving down the road normall then all of a sudden the battery light came on! continued driving into a parking space,switched engine off restarted it well it started then cut off ! foned rac and he couldnt start it so had to be towed home,next day my m8 who has a oldish astra 1.7 diesel the isuzu engine same as me said well the only thing that tends to go wrong on these engines is bleeding them! the bloke who came to tow it cracked open the pipes and got me to turn it over no fuel was coming out! he got spanner and opened the 2 copper openings where the fuel filter on the left is, i turned it over and only a dribble of duel was coming out,so i took it to my m8s garage and he is fairly s..t hot with cars,he tried everything fitted a new fuel filter ,no luck ,they even ran a lil of carb cleaner in the engine it ran ok but still no fuel getting to it,got a small air gun placed in the fuel tank to try and blow any fuel out while the pipes were open no luck! but then they foned a lekky,he seems to think it could be a immobiliser shutting off the fuel! i said its only a 1.7 diesel envoy!! theres no central locking,power steering just a typical work horse how a car like this gonna have a bloody immobiliser? aparently theres 1 on the back of something,been waiting for this lekky for 2 bloody days and he hasnt turned up! and apparently theres no fuel pumps on this model! all on the injection system! i dont even race the car about just use it for back and for work nothing else! so if he does have a go and its not the immob then im naffed,as they tried everything! any suggestions??? be much appreciated
cheekymatt

19th Mar 07 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention i had the cambelt changed at approx 60k
pow
Premium Member

19th Mar 07 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will have an immobilizer, all corsas do (cept some RELE early ones). Try starting it with your spare key... the chip in your key might be nackered...

Does the EML light flash at all?
ed

19th Mar 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of Corsa's don't have immobilisers.
cheekymatt

19th Mar 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well apparently the auto lekky gonna look at it today, but the chip in the key sounds about rite thou,however i dont have a spare key hopefully if it is the key not too bad hopefully,all the electrics work as they should on the car,just no fuel going to it,literally starts then dies,but its mad thou was driving fine,then bat light comes on contines driving fine! then i stop to park up re start it and it conks out on me,oh well hopefully it wont cost a bomb!
cheekymatt

19th Mar 07 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if mine has a immobiliser as its a w reg 2000 plate, 1.7 3 door envoy
Michael B

19th Mar 07 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I laughed when I seen this thread..

I was out for a pizza last night, the red light was on, thought I would have enough diesel to get me there and back, lol.. Soon found out I didnt when I tried to go up a hill..

ahhaa.. though must say, went up home and got a bit in a jar and she started immediately. And never looked back.

Dont know what your problem was lad, Ive the same engine and same year, cars never looked back.. Great wee engine, and supposed to be bullet proof. Only thing I can think of for you appart from the immobiliser is dirty diesel..
cheekymatt

19th Mar 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well theres about quarter tank of fuel in it, just hope it aint gonna cost hundreads
pow
Premium Member

19th Mar 07 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a W reg, it will have a immobilizer...
cheekymatt

19th Mar 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just hope its the chip in the key and nothing else, was trying to save for a lcd television lol
Mark B

21st Mar 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try screwing the filter off and filling with clean diesiel thats what i had to do wen i ran out started first time
Michael B

21st Mar 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markb1234
try screwing the filter off and filling with clean diesiel thats what i had to do wen i ran out started first time

if that was for me - my father has a haulage company, I only had to put some more diesel in and it started after a few turns again, just shows how clean the diesel is as any dirt in the tank would have clogged up the lines..
Cossie

22nd Mar 07 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a quick way to check if fuel is getting to injector just lose the nut on the fuel injector also used for fast bleeding fuel !

New Poll