corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Speakers Stop Working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speakers Stop Working
fiestakidda

User status: Offline
19th Mar 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondered if anyone can help.

My speakers on my pc have stopped working, keep getting a Win32 error message and then when i try and play a song it tells me that a device cannot be found.

I checked on control panel and it says everything is working fine, if someone could help that be great
andy1868

19th Mar 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all have you checked all cables etc are in correctly? not on mute etc?

if all these things are fine you may be having driver issues, if this is the case:

click your start button then right click "my computer" and go to "properties" find "device manager" and click that. that'll tell you whether you have the correct drivers installed etc. you'll know that one isn't because it'll have an exclamation mark in front of a yellow background. if this is the case go to your speakers manufacturers website and search for drivers of your model and install them.

fiestakidda

19th Mar 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked Cables - FINE

Checked all drivers and there are none with a yellow exclamation mark on it. So i'm pretty stuck.

When i click the speaker sign on Windows it says there are no mixer devices found application will now close
paul.mitchell1984

19th Mar 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds like a driver is missing, is it on board sound or seperate sound card
andy1868

19th Mar 07 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wasn't trying to be condescending if thats the impression you got from my first post, loose cables etc are a common problem when it comes to these things

fiestakidda

20th Mar 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate didn't mean to make you feel like you had come across like that. I know you weren't at all. I'm happy you tried to help.

The sound card is :- Sound Card Realtek AC'97 audio

When checked says its working properly. It plays the close down and start up windows music but nothing else, fails after that
paul.mitchell1984

20th Mar 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what are you trying to play as if the start up close down works it sounds like software etc may not be correct.
nathy_87

20th Mar 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go into Control Panel>Sounds & Devices>Output Device some times have 2 options, click the 2nd one? when you have clicked on Sounds & Devices click Advanced and make sure its not on Mute All or any of the bars are low (you can alternate these)

New Poll