corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Query

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legal Query
jamesw

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw a dvd player on ebay, same model as the one I had that broke, was from germany as my last one was, but had the surroud system i didnt want to pay for again. Spoke to the guy, said he has DVD players by themself on his germany website shop thing. Went through the order procedure - needed email addy, name, and address.

Sent him email about payment, now unlike ebay he would not accept paypal and wanted a wire transfer. I sent him an email back telling him to cancel the order.

Few weeks later they send me an email to say they havnt received payment (what a supprize) and it now says if they dnt have it in 3 days they will assign a collection broker . Is this right? surely there is no legal contract - someone else could have gone onto the website and made the order up, they asked for no payment details of verification of who I was etc.

I have replied to the email again telling them to cancel the order as per my email weeks ago.

Cheers
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before anyone asks, no they havnt sent he dvd player, and in the email state they wont till they received the funds
Mark330d

23rd Mar 07 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scam, ignore it
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought, now the emails are not exactly coming from the same domain either, i now wonder if a dvd player would have even been sent if I had paid. The only reason I was going for it as i thought it was the same seller I used first time round, however due to this guys crap english im now starting to wonder.
Mark330d

23rd Mar 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the account has probably been hacked
Neo

23rd Mar 07 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd let ebay know, they have a whole procedure for this thing. Always best to cover your back like this, that way if anything gets nasty ebay have your back !
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not from an ebay shop though you see, the guy was selling stuff in ebay, i contacted him via the ask a seller a question, to ask if he had the dvd player by its self. URL to the shop is http://www.etc-shop.de/ which i must admit looks legit.
abdus

23rd Mar 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ignore it
Neo

23rd Mar 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but i disagree, that website looks more like a scam than anything i have seen before, i can't find any legal documents, all translations are incorrect, the page doesnt load properly and is designed and run by 2 completely seperate companies...I think you need to send them a very blunt email explaining you asked them to cancel the order, attach the email with it and say you will not be paying. If its still all in email form try and see if on any of the emails is a legal bit or something stating their policy on refunds, returns, and see if u can find a loophole in that !
davey_jack

23rd Mar 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep ignore it, ive got loads of experience in this sort of stuff, they are chatting shit!
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got this reply.

Hello,

we can cancel the order, this is possible. But we have to raise fees for deleting. These are 10 GBP in this case. As soon as we receive the payment, we will delete the order.

Kind regards<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Deffo sounds like they are trying to scam anything out of me they can.
Neo

23rd Mar 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah just ignore it, in theory if they didnt state a fee would be required before the order was placed then they cant charge. Ignore it completely ! Good Luck
Mark330d

23rd Mar 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them your fraud investigation
Neo

23rd Mar 07 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark330d
tell them your fraud investigation

lmfao..and then post their reaction !
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T&C's look a bit dodgy (are in german, i used altavista to translate)

http://www.etc-shop.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=inline&file=AGB-e.html&wkid=29544&ls=e&nocache=1174645907-30990
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Mar 07 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he gets abusive just say 2world wars and 1 one world cup
jamesw

23rd Mar 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nickyboy01

23rd Mar 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because it doesnt look like a British online shop doesnt mean its a scam, German websites very rarely use Paypal and even some only use bank transfers, something to do with not getting authorisation to use online card payments. German trading law is a lot different to ours.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Query 22 database queries in 0.0118442 seconds