corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham... genueinely: to recall or not to recall

Poll: Beckham... genueinely: to recall or not to recall
  Recall
  Fuck no
  GAF

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham... genueinely: to recall or not to recall
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Mar 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think we should recall him... bring a bit of presence to the dressing room!!
Hammer

28th Mar 07 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should never have been dropped, it was for flawed reasons. I know who i'd rather have in my camp if it was a toss up between McLaren and Beckham.

His decision to go to America pretty much kills his England career though i think
Cosmo

28th Mar 07 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Into the squad....yes
Into the starting 11....no
Robbo

28th Mar 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ agree
Marc

29th Mar 07 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatley needs to be in the squad. No reason why he still can't start either tbh.
Nath

29th Mar 07 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Into the squad....yes
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Mar 07 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, i dont see why he should, we have enough talent on that pitch/bench the last few games.

Should maybe try motivating the overpaid monkeys we have without bringing on old has beens
Jamie Walby

29th Mar 07 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just saying that because he would replace Lennon, who IMO isnt very good at putting telling balls into the box.
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Mar 07 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, lennon will be with us next world cup, beckham wont. we should be pushing youngsters to improve and TBH should be able to beat israel etc without using the excuse of 'no beckham'
Jill
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Into the squad....yes

agree with cosmopolitan here
quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
yes, lennon will be with us next world cup, beckham wont. we should be pushing youngsters to improve and TBH should be able to beat israel etc without using the excuse of 'no beckham'

Fair enough beckham may not be in the squad next world cup and the youngster ie: Lennon etc will. BUT there's no way they will/can improve without the right management and/or if they're not getting that from McClown then maybe someone like beckham is the right person to do it because of his amount of experience etc. And I am no way suggesting beckam for manager I just mean he could use his expertise in training/on the bench etc to improve things. If that makes sence?

JILL
Marc

29th Mar 07 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right TipTop, Beckham won't be in the next World Cup. He is more than capable of being a apart of Euro 2008 though.
nik

29th Mar 07 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say recall. I do think England have a problem on BOTH wings. IMO Lennon obviously has pace but little end product, too many poor crosses, running into players. The less said about Downing the better, I know we are weak down the left but come on - this bloke is a long way short of what is needed at this level.

Not sure Beckham is the answer to out starting 11 but I think his presence could help the squad if named in the squad.
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Mar 07 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have enough talent without him, should work with what we have, i dont think he would make a lot of difference TBH.
topshot_2k
Banned

29th Mar 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I'd say recall. I do think England have a problem on BOTH wings. IMO Lennon obviously has pace but little end product, too many poor crosses, running into players. The less said about Downing the better, I know we are weak down the left but come on - this bloke is a long way short of what is needed at this level.

Not sure Beckham is the answer to out starting 11 but I think his presence could help the squad if named in the squad.

Yes he isnt the best crosser, but his runs make defenders panic etc hes best playing with the ball at his feet not hitting in long crosses etc. Not to mention we are lacking anyone who gets onto the crosses

[Edited on 29-03-2007 by topshot_2k]
Nath

29th Mar 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

We need results now, and if that means using players that might not be around in 2/3 years then so be it.
nik

29th Mar 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Yes he isnt the best crosser, but his runs make defenders panic etc hes best playing with the ball at his feet not hitting in long crosses etc. Not to mention we are lacking anyone who gets onto the crosses

[Edited on 29-03-2007 by topshot_2k]

It's all very well being quick and being able to run with the ball but how many times does he do what a winger is supposed to do and provide quality into the box? If strikers aren't get on the end of things then that's their problem. I do think Lennon has a big future but at the moment he is looking like an inexperienced 17 year old. I'd like to see him really commit full backs and use his pace rather than using the ball too much.
Cosmo

29th Mar 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
agree with cosmopolitan

JILL

I blame Marcus for this
Jill
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

We need results now, and if that means using players that might not be around in 2/3 years then so be it.

I think thats what I was trying to say, I just went around the houses in my wording

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
agree with cosmopolitan

JILL

I blame Marcus for this

JILL

[Edited on 29-03-2007 by Jill]
Robbo

29th Mar 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

100%

I fully backed getting rid of the olde rplayers who wouldnt be about BUT the situation has changed... we desperatwely need results as currently we will NOT qualify...

One thing u can NEVR accuse Becks off is playign with passion .... significantly lacking atm!
Marc

29th Mar 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
agree with cosmopolitan

JILL

I blame Marcus for this

Aaron

30th Mar 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jill, i think you're HOT!
Rachel H

30th Mar 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jill has lips that need to be touched
Rachel H

30th Mar 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mourinho says no

Marc

30th Mar 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jill are you going to the Chelsea game with Mr Man?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham... genueinely: to recall or not to recall 23 database queries in 0.0178552 seconds