corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Special Order" Car part

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Special Order" Car part
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered a rear hub+ bearing for my car from a place in london called suzukishop "special order", I placed the order the 2nd day in March and they said they are on back order till at least the 15-16th March. About the 9th i rang up to cancel the order and somebody said they would pass the message on. Now today 1month on the part has arrived on my doorstep.

What are my rights on the part that i ordered then cancelled? As i dont need it anymore as a garaged sourced one alot cheaper so i got that instead. Now i'm wondering how are my rights affected because the part was special ordered?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get a name for who you cancelled with?

Technically Customer should be right, but it depends on this as it's a special order part. You could call up and ask for the credit note I guess.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant even find anything on trading standards on "special order parts" only this: Exceptions to the right to cancel

Services which are to be provided within seven working days. If you have agreed that the service will start before the end of the cooling off period, you will not be entitled to cancel once the service has started. Remember, the trader must tell you this in writing, otherwise you will be able to cancel.

I had no invoice nothing until the package arrived today.

And no i cant remember the name as it was near enough two weeks ago
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and this:

The Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to change your mind and cancel an order within seven working days. If you do decide to cancel, you should put this in writing, either by letter (a proof of postage certificate or even recorded delivery would be wise), or you can fax or email. A telephone call is not sufficient, unless both you and the trader agree otherwise. The time limits are as follows:

Goods: Seven working days after the day on which the goods are received;

so surly i can get a full refund
Ben G

3rd Apr 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a telephone call is not sufficient...

so no.
Mike GSi

3rd Apr 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in a volvo dealership in the parts dep and it is the responsability of the staff mate
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its sorted now anyway they said dont worry about it and i have 30days to send it back

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "Special Order" Car part 23 database queries in 0.0092802 seconds