corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Skill

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Skill
TomWilly

User status: Offline
8th Apr 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many of you play football?

I play 6 a-side football and wondered if anyone has any good tricks or manoeuvers they use regularly?

Or ones that they think work the best.

Marc

8th Apr 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play, I don't have any special tricks etc, but I do occasionally do something that amazes me
--Dave--
Banned

8th Apr 07 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't need any tricks to play well. Just do the ismple things like passing and keeping your shots low well.
nik

8th Apr 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good player does the basics well all game. Passing, tackling, heading, creating space for others, pressing the opposition. Tricks and skills are best left for the Sunday leaguers out there
nik

8th Apr 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And IMO the best 'trick' for 6-side is to keep the opposition under pressue at all times, put some power into your passes (keeping the ball moving) and as Dave says, keep shots low and hard.
TomWilly

8th Apr 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Henry, Zidane but to name a few who appear on the video copilations on Youtube etc?

They all use skills on the pitch, although im not trying to be Ronaldo because il make myself dizzy lol

Also one on one with the keeper? best option to go low and hard in the corner? last week i faked the shot and the keeper dived so I couldn't miss but I know this wont happen every time...
Marc

8th Apr 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, 6 a side isn't really the place to be show boating! Besides you never have the time its too frantic!!
nik

8th Apr 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They also do most of the basics well (aside tackling!). Nothing wrong with using a bit of skill in a match if it's done the right way i.e no stupid back heals and giving the ball away. Ronaldo uses the step over to great effect.

One on ones I usually wait as long as possible for the keeper to commit himself, need to commit yourself too otherwise your end up fluffing it
TomWilly

8th Apr 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I know theres not much room for show boating! It's just that im not a big player so to avoid being muscled out i have to use my speed and agility so a quick turn can get me away.

And on the 1on1's I think sometimes it's about keeping calm because I tend to just want to shoot straight away!
TomWilly

8th Apr 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1k7DGqRF5g

something like this
mav

8th Apr 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step overs for me....just call me Ronaldo

Running upto goal and go to shot with right foot but instead roll the ball with sole of foot to left foot and shot with that....90% of the time goalie will go wrong way..It looks good when done....

50% of the time I fuck it up though
J da Silva

8th Apr 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
As said, 6 a side isn't really the place to be show boating! Besides you never have the time its too frantic!!

Doing the skills at a faster pace is easier IMO, the opposition doesn't get time to guess what your doing, or think which way you will go, because it's that fast and continious.
TomWilly

8th Apr 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i didnt really have a chance to do much skill tonight apart from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BPDHyKCvA

but around the last defender, shot at keeper, went through his legs and back to me, open goalnet so i lost my balance and hit the bar

Although i then went on to score and we won 7-0

mav

8th Apr 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

open goal and missed

Do the one I said above, when it comes off it's ace....
Tommy

10th Apr 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stand with feet either side of the ball and slide ure feet quickly along the ground towards the ball, ball flys up hopefully over defender lol
RyanSxi

10th Apr 07 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like said above 6 a side etc isn't the best place for skill. i tend to do the occasional skill like a nutmeg or something if theres only 1 defender and i don't have any support. but most of the time it's just pass and move.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Skill 23 database queries in 0.0150621 seconds