corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man united - treble again?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man united - treble again?
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   16th Apr 07 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its a possible going to struggle agaisnt AC reckon liverpool will do chelski aswell so will be tough and at last a year we get some silver wear instead of chelsea buying the premiership yay views and opinions on this happening.... again!!!!
Nick A

16th Apr 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not going to happen imo
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FA Cup: Chelsea
Prem: Chelsea
Champs League: Liverpool

Utd: Fook All.
Nath

16th Apr 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Dream on.
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Dream on.

I'll bet the tenner --Dave-- will owe me!!
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
think its a possible going to struggle agaisnt AC reckon liverpool will do chelski aswell so will be tough and at last a year we get some silver wear instead of chelsea buying the premiership yay views and opinions on this happening.... again!!!!

To be honest i dont know how united fans can go on about chelsea buying the premier league, they have spent millions over the years aswell
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by phil_mcrakkin
To be honest i dont know how united fans can go on about chelsea buying the premier league, they have spent millions over the years aswell

To be fair they have only ever spent the odd 30m on a player at the end of the season and could afford to do so. Where as Chelsea spent 100m+ at the end of the seasons!!
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the odd £30 mil is a lot of money compared to other teams ! most teams are lucky to spend 30 mil over 5 seasons
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but the odd £30 mil is a lot of money compared to other teams ! most teams are lucky to spend 30 mil over 5 seasons

not top teams of a similar standard though!
Nick A

16th Apr 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Dream on.

Whos it going to be in your opinon
Tommy

16th Apr 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see them doing the treble again there playing better than what they did when they did it b4
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
I can see them doing the treble again there playing better than what they did when they did it b4

but so are the teams around them!!
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

not top teams of a similar standard though!

well if the top teams are able to afford to chuck £30 mil around each season then they shouldnt be complaining about chelsea spending loads in one go, lower teams who spend less han a 3rd of the top teams can still compete with them so when the so called bigger teams are spending millions there shouldnt be such a problem. p.s that probs makes no sense but did in my head lol
Rachel H

16th Apr 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Agree
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well if the top teams are able to afford to chuck £30 mil around each season then they shouldnt be complaining about chelsea spending loads in one go, lower teams who spend less han a 3rd of the top teams can still compete with them so when the so called bigger teams are spending millions there shouldnt be such a problem. p.s that probs makes no sense but did in my head lol

firstly, there is a big difference between spending 30mil at the end of a season and 100m+ multiple times.

secondly, which of these lower teams who spend less are competing exactly? And last time I checked out of the last 36 domestic cup comps, only 6 were won outside of the 'top 4'.
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

firstly, there is a big difference between spending 30mil at the end of a season and 100m+ multiple times.

secondly, which of these lower teams who spend less are competing exactly? And last time I checked out of the last 36 domestic cup comps, only 6 were won outside of the 'top 4'.

Theres also a huge difference between teams spending £30 mil n £5 mil, for example bolton are competing alot better, if they hadnt lost many *easy* games they would have been safely in fourth and despite a poor decision by stiles on saturday they would still have a good chance of getting champs league. arguably they did spend £8 mil on anelka but the basis of the team is from free's, loans and small scale purchases
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Theres also a huge difference between teams spending £30 mil n £5 mil, for example bolton are competing alot better, if they hadnt lost many *easy* games they would have been safely in fourth and despite a poor decision by stiles on saturday they would still have a good chance of getting champs league. arguably they did spend £8 mil on anelka but the basis of the team is from free's, loans and small scale purchases

so you would consider that competiting with the big four?

When they start being genuine contenders for the top 4 (or even title) and also pushing towards the later rounds in domestic and european cups I will class that as competiting.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

agreed but the only purchase united have made of any value was carrick of recent seasons and there have not been any real big buys over the last year and united have just played well, i mean Vidic, i am slighlty biased but i would say he is par with terry if not better and as for ronaldlo, hate him for WCup but he is class
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
agreed but the only purchase united have made of any value was carrick of recent seasons and there have not been any real big buys over the last year and united have just played well, i mean Vidic, i am slighlty biased but i would say he is par with terry if not better and as for ronaldlo, hate him for WCup but he is class

carrick....18m

Vidic better, or the same as Terry....
Toby
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

carrick....18m

Vidic better, or the same as Terry....

as stated only big siging and that was two much for him and vidic is solid he is on par with terry without doubt, why you believe terry is better, i mean look at goals concedeaded this season
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

so you would consider that competiting with the big four?

When they start being genuine contenders for the top 4 (or even title) and also pushing towards the later rounds in domestic and european cups I will class that as competiting.

How can you not class that as competitng for that top four ! If bolton had won then they would have been ahead of arsenal by one point with 5 to play which in my eyes is competing as had they won i reckon they could have got it to be honest
Cosmo

16th Apr 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How can you not class that as competitng for that top four ! If bolton had won then they would have been ahead of arsenal by one point with 5 to play which in my eyes is competing as had they won i reckon they could have got it to be honest

but they didnt win

Toby
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

but they didnt win

bolton have done a lot with nothing but agree with cosmo they are never going to challenge for tip four even with dog shite arsenal
phil_mcrakkin

16th Apr 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

but they didnt win

no shit, but were discussing about whether or not they are competin, so if they had a genuine chance of getting a champs league spot then obviously there competing with the top 4 !
Danny P

16th Apr 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be classed of competition they'd have to be challenging for a good few seasons, not just one.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man united - treble again? 23 database queries in 0.0160580 seconds