corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming!!!
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 07 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night we got stuck behind an accident. It was on a one way street, and after a long wait the cops decided to turn us all around to free the street up. By the time it was our turn, an ambulance had arrived and parked at an angle behind us. A policewoman insisted we would have enough room to reverse around the ambulance if she guided us. Honestly there was 2" between the mini and the ambulance, at one point she had her hand between the 2 vehicles to stop them touching. We were trying to squeeze between the ambulance and the pavement. My mum was driving and said there's no way we'll get through, but the copper insisted we would. Next thing CRUNCH!! The front alloy had hit the kerb. Mum immediately pulled the car forward and jumped out, she was fucking raging. The copper said 'whats the problem , is it kerbing it!!!' Oh well just pull forward a bit more, reverese up the pavement and get out that way"!!!! Mum went mental, told her the alloy was already damaged because of her and we would be staying put till they got the ambulance our her way!!! The wheels in a mess, b*astards!!!!

What would have happened if mum had refused to move the car when 1st asked? She knew there wasn't enough room, but the copper kept insisting there was

Sorry for the essay
Rob E

22nd Apr 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

letter of complaint to the police? If you write a good enough letter they may even help out with paying for wheel repair
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

claim off them

btw you dont legally have to move etc for emergency vehicles
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p3boy
letter of complaint to the police? If you write a good enough letter they may even help out with paying for wheel repair

Hmmm.....worth a try I suppose, the doormen at one of the Nighclubs witnessed it all
mattk

22nd Apr 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may as well not have a left hand mirror cause its just pointing at the rear wheel of my car for stuff like this
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
claim off them

btw you dont legally have to move etc for emergency vehicles

Wish we had known that, mum was freaking cos it was the police and thought she better do as they say

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by JadeM]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unsure if you legally have to move if a police person tells you though
Charlene

22nd Apr 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does make you fuming when you do something not your fault, or when people do it to your car :@

Try to claim, worth a try!
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I may as well not have a left hand mirror cause its just pointing at the rear wheel of my car for stuff like this

It was at 4.00am this morning and pitch black, mum was hanging out the drivers window most of the time making sure she wasn't hitting the ambulance
Cosmo

22nd Apr 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Honestly there was 2" between the mini and the ambulance, at one point she had her hand between the 2 vehicles to stop them touching.

Nice to see the police employing highly trained and bright staff.

Seriously, what was she going to do other than get her hand cruched, use her superwoman stylee strength and push your car away from the other to stop it touching?!
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F*ck knows, she was determined that she was moving us no matter what
marklawton

22nd Apr 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to move for emergency vehicles.

gutted though, would defo put in a letter of complaint
Rob E

22nd Apr 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:
Originally posted by p3boy

Hmmm.....worth a try I suppose, the doormen at one of the Nighclubs witnessed it all

even better, say you have more than one witness to this police womans stupidity
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a pic of the damage, will I be able to get this repaired?

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah refurb will fix that
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phew
Gregor

22nd Apr 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think you have a claim there at all.

End of the day your mum was driving and its her decision on what manouveres (sp) she makes
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My mum was driving and said there's no way we'll get through, but the copper insisted we would.

JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lesson learned the hard way I guess. Mum should have given the copper the keys and told her to drive it out if she was so sure there was enough room
Gavin_G

22nd Apr 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to move for emergency vehicles??

If a Police Officer tells you to move - I suggest you do it else you are liable to be arrested for "obstructing a Police Officer in the execution of their duty"

As for the damage you can claim but did you take the officers collar number?

JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH we weren't even causing an obstruction, mum had pulled into a parking bay off the road when the ambulance arrived to let it through, but it stopped at the side off us

Nope we never got her collar number

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by JadeM]
Colin

22nd Apr 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your not required by law to move for emergency vehicles, only the fire dept have the power to move something if its in a dangerous place unattended. Id have told them to go fuck themselves!!
Colin

22nd Apr 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW where were you going at 4am
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin_G
You don't have to move for emergency vehicles??

If a Police Officer tells you to move - I suggest you do it else you are liable to be arrested for "obstructing a Police Officer in the execution of their duty"

As for the damage you can claim but did you take the officers collar number?

no you dont have to move for emergency vehicles. However if a police officer instructs you to do something that may be a different story
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
BTW where were you going at 4am

We were stuck there for at least 2 and a half hours. Eventually got home at 4.00am

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming!!! 22 database queries in 0.0130150 seconds