corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Delays when buying a house!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Delays when buying a house!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 07 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really getting annoyed; we should have completed on April 20th, now we've been told another 3-4 weeks!

I ended up sacking the solicitors [the ones Britannia recommended] a while ago as there full quote was £650 more than their original quote; plus they took 3 weeks to send it out to us - new solicitors are much better and are keepig us in the loop more.

Also just been informed that the house has never been registered with the Land Registry as the last occupant had been in there since 1756 and was 312 years old; well not quite but its caused another delay and cost!

In general we're 6 weeks behind schedule even though everything so far has been return with good results (Surveys, motgage offer etc.) would have been sorted if it wasn't for the damn solicitors!

What delays have you lot had to deal with and what else can I look forward to?

topshot_2k
Banned

3rd May 07 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours took 7 weeks longer than originally planned as the solicitors cocked up some paper work. luckily i had all my fees paid for by the bank
Aaron

3rd May 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine took 11 weeks for a flat with no chains involved

[Edited on 03-05-2007 by Aj.]
RichR
Premium Member

3rd May 07 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here no upward or downard chain - money is all ready and set to go; just feel like people are dragging their feet!

One benefit is that we've both had an extra 2 months wages over what we expected so nearly enough in the bank to start the extension asap!
p4uls corsa

3rd May 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my house took 12 weeks to complete with no chain at all.
Fee

3rd May 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Also just been informed that the house has never been registered with the Land Registry as the last occupant had been in there since 1756 and was 312 years old; well not quite but its caused another delay and cost!

That shouldnt make any difference in time or cost
Ally

3rd May 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took from December 6th - February 22nd to complete, i think it worked out at 10 weeks (with xmas/new year in between) house with no chain, only a few minor problems, but they got me about £700 knocked off the total price of the house!
Jill
Premium Member

4th May 07 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took about 12weeks but the people whose property I was buying had a few problems with the people they were buying off, which did hold things up a bit.

It's frustrating but don't let it get you down because it will be worth the wait

JILL

New Poll