corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Box of tissues for John Terry?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Box of tissues for John Terry?
Marc

User status: Offline
13th May 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sore loser is whinging because Chelsea havn't won the Premiership. I'm really beginning to dislike him as a person now, fair enough hes a brilliant player, but his comments recently have been so childish! I hope they don't win the title next year either!

"That will be the last game of the season," said the England captain. "We can go off on our holidays having won the FA Cup and enjoy it.

"Man Utd will have the feeling that we had after losing the Premiership. They will have to wait until next season to get that winning feeling back. If we can go away and do that it will be great."

J da Silva

13th May 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
The sore loser is whinging because Chelsea havn't won the Premiership. I'm really beginning to dislike him as a person now, fair enough hes a brilliant player, but his comments recently have been so childish! I hope they don't win the title next year either!

"That will be the last game of the season," said the England captain. "We can go off on our holidays having won the FA Cup and enjoy it.

"Man Utd will have the feeling that we had after losing the Premiership. They will have to wait until next season to get that winning feeling back. If we can go away and do that it will be great."

He's a good player in an average setup, I wouldn't say he is 'brilliant'
England have 2 class players, Gerrard and Hargreaves, the reason why I leave Rooney and co. out of the 'class' section is because their first 5 minutes determines the other 85, whereas Gerrard can just change a game by taking the initiative and doing something special and Hargreaves is consistant, he grafts all 90 and never puts his defence in danger with stupid passing.
Marc

13th May 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly put good but thought I'd get shot down
J da Silva

13th May 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, if people were to brand players on an even level terry would come in the top 20 defenders no problem, top 10 would be pushing it.
Marc

13th May 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always said Rio and Vidic above him but get moaned at on here
J da Silva

13th May 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your right, Ferdinand seems to apply his brain more whereas Terry gets his applause through grit and just battering the opposing fwds?
Marc

13th May 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, watching him the other night he is quite an attacking player and thats what gets him his praise as you say.
corsaaa_16v

13th May 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
England have 2 class players, Gerrard and Hargreaves, the reason why I leave Rooney and co. out of the 'class' section is because their first 5 minutes determines the other 85, whereas Gerrard can just change a game by taking the initiative and doing something special and Hargreaves is consistant, he grafts all 90 and never puts his defence in danger with stupid passing.

terry shouldnt be first choice in england team when everyones fit. a fit Woodgate and Rio would be an awesome pairing, and would say they are both class defenders, but I agree, Terry is just a good defender.

However I would debate the fact that Hargreaves and Gerrard are our only class players. I would put J.Cole and Rooney in that bracket, and A.Cole (despite the shit season hes had for chelsea)
strick206

13th May 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with the rio and vidic thing in being better than terry, awaits shooting down

vidic is as good in attack as terry has and has scored more goals this season, he's solid at the back too

when rio and terry play in the england defence its normally terry that makes the mistakes out of the pair, except he seems to get away with it
Jordinho Careca

13th May 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:

terry shouldnt be first choice in england team when everyones fit. a fit Woodgate and Rio would be an awesome pairing, and would say they are both class defenders, but I agree, Terry is just a good defender.

However I would debate the fact that Hargreaves and Gerrard are our only class players. I would put J.Cole and Rooney in that bracket, and A.Cole (despite the shit season hes had for chelsea)

Jizieri is here with me, he agrees with Joe Cole when fit, but he mentioned that if Rooney has a poor start to a game, he usually ends it the same way.
corsaaa_16v

13th May 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, i agree with that comment, but have to say that in same vein as gerrard, rooney can have a moment of brilliance that will change a game, which is the difference between good players and world class players

ashley cole would have been in there without a shadow of a doubt if he was still at arsenal, i think moving to chelsea and the saga surrounding it will ruin him
Hammer

13th May 07 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to disagree completely tbh, he is a brilliant player and will go down in the history books as 1.

Ferdinand is a ball playing centre back, and one of the very best at that, they both compliment each other and England are lucky to have both as well as a fully fit Jonathon Woodgate.
Eck
Premium Member

13th May 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have Carra than Terry tbh. He is undoubtedly a good defender, but not as good as his reputation suggests.
mooney

13th May 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wasnt such a brilliant player today, got pushed about by a 18 year old
vaux-tech

13th May 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo i wud love to see terry at utd, him and rio central defense would be awesome. with neville and vidic/heinze at LB, world class back 4!
strick206

14th May 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id happily keep vidic, i think he will continue to get better
Eck
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
id happily keep vidic, i think he will continue to get better

Agree 100%. He is already a good no-nonsense defender. With Rio guiding him he will only get better and better.
antscorsa

14th May 07 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just cant wait for the next game when they bring bentley in to the full squad and knock that fat useless lump lampard out the team!!!
Marc

14th May 07 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
imo i wud love to see terry at utd, him and rio central defense would be awesome. with neville and vidic/heinze at LB, world class back 4!

Wouldn't like that
Mather.16v

14th May 07 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech

never heard anything so daft

this season has been the first since pally and bruce where weve had such a strong and consistant back four, i wouldnt go messing with it tbh

[Edited on 14-05-2007 by Mather.16v]
Mather.16v

14th May 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree tho he is a moaning badger just like the 'special one', i hope he crys his eyes out as we lift the FA cup

carra and rio for england anyday
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not even going to say what I have been saying all season
Mather.16v

14th May 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair before maybe this season i was never a big fan of carra but after watching him in the league and champs league, i think hes up there with the best atm
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
to be fair before maybe this season i was never a big fan of carra but after watching him in the league and champs league, i think hes up there with the best atm

he has been the most consistant defender for the past 3 or 4 seasons now, no surprise we have one of the best goals conceeded records over the last few seasons!
Marc

14th May 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Im not even going to say what I have been saying all season

Rio and Vidic the best partnership in the Premiership?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Box of tissues for John Terry? 23 database queries in 0.0150001 seconds