corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » any 1 recomend hollowing cat out?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any 1 recomend hollowing cat out?
gsirick

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i have a performance manifold fitted on my gsi 2 fit a decat i would have to weld a reducer onto it so it fits onto the manifold, and cant be arsed with welding exhausts again
so am thinking of taking the cat of and knocking the honeycomb out. will this be the same as a decat? as my saxo had a hollow cat and that sounded tinny.
Robin
Premium Member

20th May 07 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will sound crap, fail roadside emissions tests resulting in your car being impounded and not gain you any performance.

[Edited on 20-05-2007 by Robin]
gsirick

20th May 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so no point then?
well i have got to take the exhaust manifold of at some point as who ever fitted it put the o2 sensor in the wrong place, put it in 1 pipe rather than putting it where the manifold goes into 4.
as i will need to weld the new sensor housing in i mite as well get a decat and weld the reducer on and fit that at the same time.
Warren G

20th May 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsirick
so no point then?
well i have got to take the exhaust manifold of at some point as who ever fitted it put the o2 sensor in the wrong place, put it in 1 pipe rather than putting it where the manifold goes into 4.
as i will need to weld the new sensor housing in i mite as well get a decat and weld the reducer on and fit that at the same time.

if it a protech manifold, then its okay, the 02 sensor id fitted in header no.3

New Poll