corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » focus rs turbo

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author focus rs turbo
FasT09

User status: Offline
23rd May 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do people think of these? they quick. i got insurance quote and it only 950 quid !!! how is it so cheap?
mwg

23rd May 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have one even though the interior is a bit
nik

23rd May 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad, not rapid but quickish.
FasT09

23rd May 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it cheaper insurance than the focus st170 (not them new ones)
Jill
Premium Member

23rd May 07 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they're nice to drive as well as looking fairly nice as standard . Fairly decent power output for the 2.0 engine its running (think its itro 213bhp??) and does 0-60 in about 7secs or so (my estimate though). Parts are quite reasonable being a ford, but RS specific bits are more ££ (new clutch is like £400+ apparently). Also, insurance group is 16a so guess it depends on your age, postcode, individual situation as to what quote you get. Think the ST170 is insurance group 15, and the new ST's are group 17. Also apparently Ford may be bringing out a new RS at some point with est 300bhp or something (sure I read it somewhere)

JILL

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Jill]
nik

23rd May 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60s 5.9, 0-100 in 14.9 which isn't great but is better than most hot hatches.

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by nik]
Tom

23rd May 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've been on about bringing out a 4wd 'cosworth' replacement jobby since before the old rs was unveiled
jr

23rd May 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO rs brand and cosworth wont ever be used again, well not rs in the near future
Tarrantino

23rd May 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love for ford to come out with a new COSWORTH
Ben D

23rd May 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
id love for ford to come out with a new COSWORTH

if they do i dont think they will even be comparable to the old cosworths unforunatly, Besides i thought cosworth got sold for £1? sure i read that somewhere
Jill
Premium Member

23rd May 07 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
They've been on about bringing out a 4wd 'cosworth' replacement jobby since before the old rs was unveiled

Knew I'd read it somewhere:
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evospyshots/204479/ford_focus_rs.html
Reckons if it is brought out it will be a serious competitor for the Mitsubishi Evo X

JILL
kz

23rd May 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they seem very popular atm, seen a lot around. i do like em though, they certainly look fast enough!
Tom

23rd May 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
IMO rs brand and cosworth wont ever be used again, well not rs in the near future

I would tend to agree, I also don't think they will bring out this 300bhp 4wd focus, whatever the name.
Tom

23rd May 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw an rs the other day with an aftermarket bonnet and aftermarket wheels and it looked awesome (was quite an ott bonnet but looked good considering the otherwise standard looking exterior)
P1CK4D

23rd May 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

I also heard this quite a while ago now that they will not be using the brand RS anymore.. A new cossie would be the bollocks tho!
Jill
Premium Member

23rd May 07 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
0-60s 5.9, 0-100 in 14.9 which isn't great but is better than most hot hatches.
[Edited on 23-05-2007 by nik]

Not that it's a hothatch but... the 350z doesn't it have 0-60 in 5.8 and 0-100 in 14.5, with the 3.5v6 engine (plus it's itro 1500kg or something, whereas the rs focus is just short of 1200kg I think?). I know they're in different leagues kind of thing but I'm sure I read (again) somewhere an article comparing the two.

JILL
Tom

23rd May 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FWD vs RWD, different number of cylinders, NA vs Turbocharged

Etc etc.
Jill
Premium Member

23rd May 07 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that But sure I read it somewhere

JILL
Little Vik

23rd May 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rs is awesome!!! its a fantastic car. it really is the best car i have ever driven. It makes you feel like a rally driver, i wouldnt swap mine for anything.
They hold their value, are a limited number so very cool. You can tweak them to silly bhp (should you wish, but i think they are fast enough already). 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and they handle like no other FWD car i have ever known (thanks to the quaiffe limited slip diff)
I think the interior is to die for:

the great thing about them is they are still really really cool without causing too much bad attention - like a scooby would.
Besides the only time i found my scooby fun was when your doing license loosing speeds. The focus puts a smile on my face every single time i press the start button

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Little Vik]
Little Vik

23rd May 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and mine is totally standard apart from the dump valve and she got over 220 on the rollers.
Awesome awesome awesome car!
Little Vik

23rd May 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look, she really is beautiful!

I know it is all down to taste about what you love in a car, but this is seriously the best drive ever. Better then the scoobys/S3/ Evo's/ 350z/ S2000/M3 that ive driven / owned.
But thats just my opinion, if we were all the same we would all drive the same cars and the world would be a boring place.
Its like a modified car, but without the grief

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Little Vik]
Rob H

23rd May 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Little Vik
Oh and mine is totally standard apart from the dump valve and she got over 220 on the rollers.
Awesome awesome awesome car!

Tottally unbiased opinion there then? .

TBH I think they look nice - only thing you need to ask yourself is that because they're a limited edition i've seen some cars priced more than a new style ST.

It probably speaks volumes about it being the better car, and your more likely to get more of your moneyback, but the initial cost would put me off .
Daimo B

23rd May 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great cars. Very good handlers. HAve been liked to the original DC2 Type R for handling and sheer enjoyment.

Wouldn't use a 350Z as a benchmark. VXR astra was just behined the time from 0-100-0 again....

Diff makes that car!!! Without it, its just another turbocharged 2.0 hot hatch.

Its also why the Renault Megan Cup (the diffed one?) gets such good handling reviews. I've not driven an RS, but i reckon the "torque steer" is no worse than a VXR, and thats practically non existant really anyway.

Good road presence, and generally wouldn't be driven by a drop out as its got a little pedigree.
FasT09

23rd May 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the look of them except not sure bout the size of wheels and ride height. i would prefer bigger wheels and slam it but it would ruin the handling
Huwsi

23rd May 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy one! I know someone v.well that has a Focus RS conversion ( not a genuine Focus RS) and it does 294 Bhp and well over 300ft/lb of tourqe!

Good tuning possibilties and great Handling cars for the money all be it a bit pricey IMO.

I would wait for the new RS to come out tbh

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Huwsi]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » focus rs turbo 22 database queries in 0.0176132 seconds