corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Premership - How i see it.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Premership - How i see it.
Nismo

User status: Offline
23rd May 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The league is crap, There is no real compotition in it, the league consists of 3 major teams IMO.

Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool,

Now some might say Arsenal, i myself dont, as they havent really done much apart from Qualify for CL.

I read an Article in sundays News of the worlds and it was basicly saying what is the point in selling all the good players to the 3 big teams, The league has turned rubbish now as there just buying in players to create a makeshift team that will win. It was interviewing lots of players and 80% said they wouldnt like to go to the bigger teams as they allready have a head start for trophys , they would rather play in a team that has to work for it and earn it.

Now i aggree i would much rather play in a team that has to put 110% into there game.

I love the idea that was said about sticking the 3 team into that super league that would then bring back the league and it would be anyones game!

topshot_2k
Banned

23rd May 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe i have said this before but got told i was deluded
Marc

23rd May 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal won the League unbeaten in 2004, won the FA Cup in 2005 and reached the final of the CL and now the League Cup.

I think this season only showed the potential of the Arsenal squad and their formed dipped off when they lost 3 players. I think next season, injury permitting they will be challenging.
Hammer

23rd May 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why aren't teams like Spurs or Newcastle challenging though? Terrible management at every level that's why.

You can't penalise the big 4 for being succesful, the teams in the tier underneath should concentrate on moving up a level rather than drag the top tier down one.
topshot_2k
Banned

23rd May 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Why aren't teams like Spurs or Newcastle challenging though? Terrible management at every level that's why.

You can't penalise the big 4 for being succesful, the teams in the tier underneath should concentrate on moving up a level rather than drag the top tier down one.

disagree, think jol, directors etc are finally building a squad that will compete
Dean_W

23rd May 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This man talks sense.

It's like F1, did they ever tell Schumacher to go race on his own??
Hammer

23rd May 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:

disagree, think jol, directors etc are finally building a squad that will compete

Sorry i should have included 'in the past' somewhere within that sentence. I like where Jol's taking Spurs if im being truthful they play a brand of football, when on form, comparable to an Arsenal or Man United. I'd rather watch them than a Chelsea for example.

Keep your best players and you'll get somwhere.
topshot_2k
Banned

23rd May 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully, all depends on what happens during the summer, if we hold onto players and strengthen the squad more we may have a chance. if berbatov goes it would be a massive setback
Mather.16v

23rd May 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said spurs in the coming seasons will improve and imo break into the top four. also i think big sam will start a new era at newcastle and will be up there in a few years, hes got the foundation, money and a few quality player behind him to build on

if it wasnt for chelskis millions the league would be alot different
Tarrantino

23rd May 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Arsenal won the League unbeaten in 2004, won the FA Cup in 2005 and reached the final of the CL and now the League Cup.

I think this season only showed the potential of the Arsenal squad and their formed dipped off when they lost 3 players. I think next season, injury permitting they will be challenging.

even tho you support man poo, you talk sense
RyanSxi

23rd May 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't say "let's get rid of the top 3 clubs because they are too good" thats just daft
Mad Moe

23rd May 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
if it wasnt for chelskis millions the league would be alot different

The only difference would be that you would have a Big 3 instead of a big 4 with the fourth Champions League spot being up for grabs between a half a dozen teams.
Jamie Walby

23rd May 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Id also say that but didnt through fear of being called biased.
messham11

23rd May 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Key word TIME, and no manager seems to get it nowadays. Look at Liverpool under Roy Evans, finished 8th 7th and 10th or something. That wasnt that long ago.
Needs a good manager and chairman and give it a good 5 years at least, u seem to get 2-3 yrs and thats it nowadays.

But you cant penalise the top clubs for getting it right
Nismo

23rd May 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by messham11

But you cant penalise the top clubs for getting it right

Im not sayin penalise anyone, but ANY club could be bought out by some rich guy and then win the league, its just fabricating a team , not building a team up like the old days.

Rob_Quads

23rd May 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not call the league crap at all.

As for the top 3 - I would say top 4 - thay have been consistent winners for the last few years. Arsenal might have only 'just' qualified but were in the final last year!
Compare the top 4 trophy cabinets to the others and there is quite a gap

The best thing about the league IMO is that anyone can beat anyone on thier day. There are no games that are a given i.e. West Ham doing the double over Arsenal, ManU being beaten by West Ham at home etc, etc

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Rob_Quads]
Tommy L

23rd May 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not crap...its just too predictable these days
Tommy

23rd May 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In most top leagues theres a handfull that are much better than others.
mav

23rd May 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
The league is crap, There is no real compotition in it, the league consists of 3 major teams IMO.

Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool,

Now some might say Arsenal, i myself dont, as they havent really done much apart from Qualify for CL.

I read an Article in sundays News of the worlds and it was basicly saying what is the point in selling all the good players to the 3 big teams, The league has turned rubbish now as there just buying in players to create a makeshift team that will win. It was interviewing lots of players and 80% said they wouldnt like to go to the bigger teams as they allready have a head start for trophys , they would rather play in a team that has to work for it and earn it.

Now i aggree i would much rather play in a team that has to put 110% into there game.

I love the idea that was said about sticking the 3 team into that super league that would then bring back the league and it would be anyones game!

just the same in Scotland...And Rangers and Celtic to leave and league might improve or could be the death of it...But competition is getting better in the SPL...
Joe

23rd May 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
its not crap...its just too predictable these days

Hardly predictable, no-one could've predicted UTD's form this season. I thought Chelsea would romp away with it.
Hammer

23rd May 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone that say's it's too predictable could the please tell me who will win it next year who will be relegated and who will win the cups as i could make a few bob off it, thanks.
Joe

23rd May 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sheff UTD will be allowed to play in 21 team Premiership and will win, undefeated all season. Plus will take the FA cup, place your bet now Hammer.
Marc

23rd May 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anyone that say's it's too predictable could the please tell me who will win it next year who will be relegated and who will win the cups as i could make a few bob off it, thanks.

Arsenal
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Fulham
Wigan
Manchester City

J da Silva

23rd May 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to slag any English team off, well done for doing what they've done, but this is what I was putting across in my Brazilian League thread, different teams challenge each year, not because it's a better league but the finances of all Brazilian clubs are more or less the same.
English Premiership is only an equivilant to a Brazilian State league in terms of guessing who's going to finish where.
J da Silva

23rd May 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Arsenal
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Fulham
Wigan
Manchester City

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Arsenal

Wigan
Sunderland
WBA/Derby

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Premership - How i see it. 23 database queries in 0.0176799 seconds