corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing Airbag steering wheel?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing Airbag steering wheel?
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
25th May 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fancy this steering wheel, as mine looks utter shite (2 Spoke bus wheel)

I can get it for nothing for a scrapped omega or cavalier, but I'd rather not be seen taking it

Firstly, how on earth do you take off the airbag bit? Then I understand its a 22mm Nut, then pull like fuck? I dont have a wheel puller thing thats been described in the searches I did

Will the horns still work with the new wheel?

Cheers,
Chris

Edit: My steering wheel (Old picture)

[Edited on 25-05-2007 by ChrisBoom]
12vMatt

25th May 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
I can get it for nothing for a scrapped omega or cavalier, but I'd rather not be seen taking it

you will be seen taking it. to get the airbag off im not sure what to do but then loosen the retaininging nut and then just pull hard as possible going on what others have said
mikehiow

25th May 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be less inclined to mess around with airbags, for the sake of £30 you can pickup a much better looking aftermarket wheel second hand, and save risking your face being blown off

But if you insist, make sure you leave the car battery disconnected for atleast a few hours (some say 20 minutes, but I'd rather be safe )

[Edited on 25-05-2007 by mikehiow]
Wonderboy

25th May 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have an airbag with your current
steering wheel. So you could put the new one on with the airbag out... I think
mikehiow

25th May 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be silly to put the airbag in the new car That would be fine....

However he has to get the wheel off the old car first...
ChrisBoom

25th May 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is scrapped anyways, no battery on it. I could get it from a cavalier and no-one would mind.

I don't want the new wheel for the airbag, I want it for the looks, my current one is utter shite
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th May 07 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read on here a couple of days ago something about the spindles being different, so an airbag wheel won't fit on a non-airbag car?

Not sure how true that is, but thats what I read IIRC.

New Poll