corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Managment Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Managment Light
CopyWrite

User status: Offline
30th May 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It normally comes on when on the Motorway (I assume if I'm in 5th gear for some time)
I've not really bothered looking into it as I rarely use the motorway but I recently drove from Swansea to Bristol & it was murder.
Liable to come on when going up a hill, or any time really...
When it comes on the car starts to slow down and feel sluggish, almost lik towing a caravan I expect.

Anyone had this before and know what it is n how much it'll cost to fix?

I've got a Corsa B 1.2 16V
deano87

30th May 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is get it diagnosed on a Tech 2 machine. Vauxhall should be able to do it for you, or a good independent garage might have a machine
Toby
Premium Member

30th May 07 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CopyWrite
It normally comes on when on the Motorway (I assume if I'm in 5th gear for some time)
I've not really bothered looking into it as I rarely use the motorway but I recently drove from Swansea to Bristol & it was murder.
Liable to come on when going up a hill, or any time really...
When it comes on the car starts to slow down and feel sluggish, almost lik towing a caravan I expect.
Anyone had this before and know what it is n how much it'll cost to fix?

I've got a Corsa B 1.2 16V

this happened to me, travelled down south about 360 miles in distance and i came on 3 times for the space of 25 seconds each, that was about a year agon, never did anything and never had a problem, i just beleiev that it happens as the car is doing the same thing for a few hours that it just glitches for a second, espically as there was no change in the engine charasitics when it occurred, if it was me i wouldnt be bothered with it but if it botherwes you check it, obviouslyu you might have different cxircumstances to me

[Edited on 30-05-2007 by CorsaB4ever]
deano87

30th May 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven about 80 miles non stop in my 12v and it was fine.

If you're worried about it, get it checked out
CopyWrite

30th May 07 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's about time I checked it out, I was going to drive to Birmingham that wknd but didn't because I knew that would happen. Bristol was bad enough.

It also effects fuel consumption (as you've got to put your foot down n sometimes change gear to forth to maintain close to 70).

Mine comes on n off quite rapidly, for long periods of time (say 5/6 mins), I have to be in 5th for a good ten minutes for it to kick in first though.

[Edited on 30-05-2007 by CopyWrite]
Jacko751

30th May 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the exact same problem with mine and exact same car, got it diagnosed and it needed an new egr valve and lambda sensor, made a slight change but it hasnt fixed the problem so its not any of them two really, engine light still comes on yet it shows no faults when diagnosed?
PaulW

30th May 07 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon your gona throw code 24 (VSS)...

at a guess...
Jacko751

30th May 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It feels more asif the cars airflow is blocked, when starting from cold its a nightmare, put my foot down and the car shakes and almost stalls itself. then when i floor it the revs get high and suddenly the car jerks and loses power. The eml only stays on about 10 seconds then goes so it wont be loggin any of the faults on the ecu?
PaulW

30th May 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any time the eml comes on it will log something.
Jacko751

31st May 07 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get it checked again today with diagnostic machine and see if has logged any more expensive faults :@ ....cheers paul
PaulW

31st May 07 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be a coilpack on that yeah??

tbh, try changing the coolant temp sensor, and if you know someone with a spare coilpack give that a try too...
CopyWrite

31st May 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAO - Jacko751

Yeah when I start the car, unless I give it a good load of revs first, pulling off can be a bit difficult...like you say it feels like something's clogged.

It's particually annoying pullin off from lights or a roundabout....especially if something's coming towards you.

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by CopyWrite]
Kellye

31st May 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine comes on all the time mainly when its hot weather lol
Kurt

31st May 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what filter are you using? 1.2 16v's hate induction kits so youve probs killed the airflow sensor if your using a k&n or similiar
Jacko751

31st May 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what i thought, when the problem started i took off my pipercross filter and it got even worse, ive unplugged the airflow sensor today and it runs perfect again!! this is defo the problem so got a new one coming tmra

New Poll