corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gsi at my scrappy...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi at my scrappy...
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jun 07 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well today i went out to do some work with my dad and on our way back we stopped off at our local scrappy to have a look at a clio that my dad was going to buy, repair and sell on.

It turned out it was sold anyway so i had a look at some of the cars that hadn't cleared, and to my suprise i spotted a white corsa gsi!

Its the first gsi i have seen in the flesh and it was in good condition, all the gsi kit was still there, origional alloys and interior.
The damage was to the front bumper but luckily it is repairable.
It had 85k on the clock which i thought was good for a m reg.

It is a cat c but isnt cleared yet so he couldn't give me a price.
I did put my name down on it so when it clears i can make an offer.

Just wondering how much is it worth now? 85k, cat c with damage to the front?

thanks

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
lil_g

5th Jun 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could break it? Keep the bits you'd like and sell on the bits you don't need i.e. engine? interior. Should make you're money back that way plus you'd have Gsi bits
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g04
you could break it? Keep the bits you'd like and sell on the bits you don't need i.e. engine? interior. Should make you're money back that way plus you'd have Gsi bits

its tempting but i have been after another project for a while, i was after a white corsa, but having a gsi would be mint.

If i did get it i would make it a mint example, yes i could make my money back with selling parts from it but i wouldn't have the heart to strip it for bits.

MikeE

5th Jun 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g04

thats a option
lil_g

5th Jun 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you could get it for a decnet price and had the cash repair it until you can insure it
Kurt

5th Jun 07 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it and repair it, then you wont u2u me asking for my bumper
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kurtofcc

me? can't remember u2u'ing you?

deano87

5th Jun 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it, repair it, leave it completely standard, including orange side repeaters.

Completely standard GSI's are the future.
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Buy it, repair it, leave it completely standard, including orange side repeaters.

thats the plan, looked very clean when i saw it, then i got around the back and spotted some lexus lights
There the first to go!

Dee
Banned

5th Jun 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Amen
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im putting coilovers on mine

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
sam-smith

5th Jun 07 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have jacking covers!
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can it be a cat c when the damage is only a front bumper, i would say there maybe leg damage!
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
how can it be a cat c when the damage is only a front bumper, i would say there maybe leg damage!

no idea tbh, then again there is a ferrari 360 with literally no rear end for £36k and thats a cat d

no idea how the cat thing works

[Edited on 05-06-2007 by Green Thing]

ed

5th Jun 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wouldn't it be cat C because it's old, done a load of miles and not really worth much?
ed

5th Jun 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:

no idea tbh, then again there is a ferrari 360 with literally no rear end for £36k and thats a cat d

no idea how the cat thing works

[Edited on 05-06-2007 by Green Thing]
A - Not for resale. Fire damaged (burnt-out), flood damaged (contaminated or salt water), severely damaged with no serviceable parts, or heavily stripped (shell).
Notification of Destruction required. (To be crushed). Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

B - Not for resale. Damaged beyond economical repair and/or severe structural damage.
Notification of Destruction required. (Parts can be removed and sold). Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

C - Repairable salvage. Generally applies to older vehicles. Can be sold for repair but must now have VIC inspection.
Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

D - Repairable salvage. Minimal damage sometimes stolen and found after claim has been paid, or cost of repair combined with difficulty obtaining new parts to enable a swift repair.
Recorded with HPI.

X - Repairable salvage. Not recorded on any registers such as HPI. Limited or very light damage, or vehicle is new or less than 12 months old. Usually requires minimal repair work.
NOT Recorded with HPI.
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Wouldn't it be cat C because it's old, done a load of miles and not really worth much?

yea i think thats how they do it, because most of the old cheaper cars down there are cat c's, but anything over 2002 and alot newer tends to be cat d, no matter how bad the damage is

Robin
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumper is £400 from Vauxhall, that might be why it's cat c?
Colin

5th Jun 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New bumper is what £300+ from vaux which will be more than half the cars book price & enough to write it off!!

I would say £400 would be a reasonable offer
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't remember where i heard it from but someone told me that when the insurance companies price up the costs to repair a car they go from dealer prices?
Is that right?

Graeme
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat c tend to have more severe panel damage that require jigging hence why they need to go through a vic check!

if it was a front bumper i doubt it would of got written off just for that and if it was it would only be a cat d at maximum!

may just need a new front panel and subframe but that could be it!
Colin

5th Jun 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can't remember where i heard it from but someone told me that when the insurance companies price up the costs to repair a car they go from dealer prices?
Is that right?

Probably use the glasses guide or such like. However ive seen before if they give you a low payout offer you can decline saying its not enough to buy a like for like car & show them the price of a car at a dealer & tell them to up the offer to that.
Colin

5th Jun 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cat c tend to have more severe panel damage that require jigging hence why they need to go through a vic check!

if it was a front bumper i doubt it would of got written off just for that and if it was it would only be a cat d at maximum!

may just need a new front panel and subframe but that could be it!

Cat C can be any damage what so ever - if the cars worth £700 book there not going to pay £500 for a new bumper, paint, labour etc
Adam C
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going back soon and i will get some pics, i didnt get a massive look as i was too excited as it was the first gsi i have seen in the flesh lol, from what i saw i think it will need a front panel and a headlight, which i have.
So chances are the front panel has been damaged but im more than prepared to do the work.

My dad has bought alot of cat c's, one being a 1989 BMW 325 convertible.
The only damage was that someone had keyed from the rear quater panel and partly onto the hood, my dad had the hood repaired but when he got a quote for a new hood it turned out more than he paid for the car lol.

Kurt

5th Jun 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kurtofcc

me? can't remember u2u'ing you?

ah so you didnt, was wooly lol, you and your green cars *shakes fist*

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gsi at my scrappy... 23 database queries in 0.0158660 seconds