corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple browser for XP and Vista

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple browser for XP and Vista
liveseytowers

User status: Offline
12th Jun 07 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just seen this on the BBC site. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6742439.stm

Downloaded it and i quite like it so far. Seems pretty quick. My firefox keeps crashing so i thought id give it a try. I've really gone off IE now so can't go back to that! Didn't get on with Opera either so i'll stick with this for a bit. Worth a try anyway
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jun 07 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..and bill makes money either way

Plus, isn't iTunes only so "popular" because of iPods? I hate iTunes.
Rus

12th Jun 07 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

safari is alright. It crashes randomly sometimes on my mac. But its decent enough. Firefox is better because if it does crash, you can restore what pages you were on and sometimes even text you'd typed out.
Rus

12th Jun 07 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

itunes is wank on a pc. Its great on a mac
dave17

12th Jun 07 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like itunes
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jun 07 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
i like itunes

Are you asking us if you do?
dave17

12th Jun 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, just seems like lots of people have this anti-itunes attitude, i was just wondering if i was the only one who likes it
Planty02

12th Jun 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I-tunes is ok, but im not keen on how long it takes to add items to the library.

prefer winamp tbh
liveseytowers

12th Jun 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of itunes, i don't like the fact i have to add songs to the libary. If you have more than one user on a PC but one shared music libary its a pain you have to update both itunes becuase the database lives in each users profile.

I just use floola for my ipod, it lets me drag and drop stuff instead of using itunes.

I'm liking the browser but it keeps shutting down when i maximize it on my extended desktop? Weird
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jun 07 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
prefer winamp tbh

Winamp is the shizzle
blebo

12th Jun 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I dont like about Safari is the fact that when you select the address bar it dosent automatically select the URL already entered.

i.e. if I was on CS i would have to click the address bar then select all the text then enter the new URL.

In other browers its just click then type.
Rob_Quads

12th Jun 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually really like iTunes but think they are flogging a dead sheep with this one because..

If windows users are still using IE thats because they can't be arsed to change / have no problems so no reason for them to change to Safari
or
Windows users who have changed most run Firefox - virtually every Mac user I know runs firefox over Safari so why would windows users run it over firefox?

All that said I did run it on my machine to have a play due to my geeky nature. It took a total of 1 minute of surfing and quick tests to get the browser to crash on of all the sites out there.....Apple.com lol. Crashed trying to load the keynote speed page.

New Poll