corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie Help
benh3

User status: Offline
21st Jun 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone
Im Ben ive only just turned 17 and taking lessons. I bought a x reg 2001 black (was white) 3 dr, 1.0 corsa LS Opel. And have found out theres a bit to do to it. firstly on its previous MOT (Feb 07) it has basic stuff like windscreen wipers replaced, and excessive play on rear wheel. But it has advisory notice for slight score on disc brake (front, and what does this mean?) and rear tyre close to legal limit. And more recent things like wing mirror ( whole both holder and glass replacing) and windshield (drivers side) replacing with new bracket as someone's probably pulled it down to hard and snapped the plastic.
Any ideas on roughly nearest hundred this is cost to all fix. ( I know i should ask the garage not you but i thought i might as well try here first before ringing on Friday)
I know nothing about cars so it would have to be a garage doing it.
Many thanks
Ben
Whittie

21st Jun 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the site mate. Have you got any pictures of it at all?

Windscreen wipers, £30 for all three, rear wheel not sure what you mean, front disc £15-20, tyre's - depending on what size they are but could get them £30 a tyre? Wing mirror £20ish
Phi

21st Jun 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like whoever had it before you didnt look after it....
so it was resprayed black? any reason other than previouse owner ovbiously didnt like white?? lol
Sure it hasnt been in an accident at all?
It dosnt sound like an expensive job to me, Im sure someone possibly on here has the parts!!??
I guess just hold out, put a wanted ad up and see what happens

xx
benh3

21st Jun 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the only things that i have to fix, is rear wheel, cos no tread on it, new brackets for drivers sun shield whole new wing mirror as its fallen off and was attached with tape when i got it, and its got a slightly scored disc brake according to the MOT notes. But i dont have a clue why it went from white to black, but im not complaining because i love the colour

[Edited on 21-06-2007 by benh3]
Phi

21st Jun 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isee, Get some pics up!
did you get a HPI check on it?

best thing to do is get a wanted add up for the wing mirror in the classified section.
x
benh3

21st Jun 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i dont have the car at my house atm its at my aunties as shes using it, as hers is being used up north by the husband. But i will have photos possibly friday or saturday.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Jun 07 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the tyre hasn't been replaced it will probably need a new one. Probably could pick one up for about £35 in a standard size.

I got a Mirror from ebay, think it was about a tenner brand new.

Front brakes are nice and easy - £30-40 maybe for the parts. You know how to fit them?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
benh3

21st Jun 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
If the tyre hasn't been replaced it will probably need a new one. Probably could pick one up for about £35 in a standard size.

I got a Mirror from ebay, think it was about a tenner brand new.

Front brakes are nice and easy - £30-40 maybe for the parts. You know how to fit them?

Not a clue on fixing them. i mean TBH i dont have a clue whats happened to this car before so i might as well get it serviced, and id rather pay more money but know a professional is fitting it and its gonna be safe to drive in.
TheCam

21st Jun 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you from pal?
R16AN H

21st Jun 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to cs
where you located mate?someone on here might be local to you and be able to do the work
mav

21st Jun 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to Cs

(ps in future this kind of post for help should be in help zone)
deano87

21st Jun 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome

Opel = Vauxhall on the continent. Where are you from?
benh3

23rd Jun 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i forgot about this post, i'm from Buckinghamshire, yea the previous owner got this imported over.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Help 23 database queries in 0.0133920 seconds