corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Post 97 Bumper Fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Post 97 Bumper Fitting
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
7th Jul 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come to fit my post 97 bumper after removing the pre 97 one and it just doesn't seem to fit properly. I also bought a slatted black grill from LMF which I thought would fit ok aswell but even that doesnt seem to go in. The bumper was this one off ebay so I presume not genuine vauxhall but a moulding of one.

It seems like the bumper is too straight if that makes sense, took a hell of alot of force to actually bend it round enough to meet the 2 fixing screws under each arch. Finally did get it in and am leaving it like that overnight to hopefully mould itself better to the shape. You can see of the pic how its sitting on the arch and the gap under the headlights though. Anyone else had problems like this? Also hoping that once a natrual curve has set that the grill might fit better too.

Fro

7th Jul 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its not GM part then it wont fit as well as an original mate Think corsaCF has the same problem under the headlights etc.
Mike2k111

7th Jul 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh thats what I was worried about, really doesnt seem to fit well at all. Going to try again tomorrow after leaving it hold the bend abit.

Also im gathering il have to drill two holes for the grill to screw too. Car is a pre-facelift model so im guessing there was no need for the holes where the V-Grill went.
Mark.W

8th Jul 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate im having the same problem i have a aftermarket bumper on mine at the mine and its a shite fit up to the arches and big gaps under the healights also the paintshop that painted it and fitted the bumper bonded the bumper on in places so that it fitted.

iv just bought a second hand bumper off NeilM off here so hopefully have it fitted and painted soon after iv found a lower 2piece splitter,as you may have noticed the splitter on the aftermarket bumper is plastic and not rubber.
Mike2k111

9th Jul 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone confirm that a genuine Post 97 front bumper will actually fit on a Pre 97 car? The model I got off ebay I presume isnt genuine GM part as Wolly said, its got the plastic splitter and just doesn't fit on the car at all. I just need to check if a geniune GM Post 97 will fit on the car before I go out and get one. Already spent close to £100 on the bumper and spraying
Dean_W

9th Jul 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumpers on corsas are interchangeable from year to year, model to model.

The non GM bumpers are pants. They never fit right.
Mike2k111

9th Jul 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate. Is there anyway of telling a genuine GM Post97 bumper from the non-GM moulds? Found loads of places selling 'Post 97 Bumpers' but they look identical to the once ive got that wont fit propely....Does the GM Post97 have a rubber splitter compared to the plastic splitters on the moulds?
Fro

9th Jul 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it will have a rubber splitter mate, apart from that im not sure what other differences there are when its off the car, if you are getting it sprayed etc, you could be better trying to get one in a scrappy/breakers.
SHARPY

9th Jul 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would imagine the genuine g.m ones would have some kind of manufacturing stamp moulded into the rear of the bumper somwere, the stamp i mean looks like a clock and has an arrow on the year / date of manufacture
JoeyB

9th Jul 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can confirm that a post 97 will fit on a pre 97.

I have fitted one to my 94 SRI.
Schlumpfy

9th Jul 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i bought my '93 LS it had a facelift bumper on which refuses to fit properly under the nearside headlight.. probably just wants a good nudge.
Dean_W

10th Jul 07 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The non GM ones generally have a moulded in bottom grille. Where as the GM ones are detatchable.

New Poll