corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4x4 for about £11k

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4x4 for about £11k
Nath

User status: Offline
9th Jul 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad is thinking about changing cars and fancies something like a Freelander.

Can anyone suggest anything else in that category for similar money?
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jul 07 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pair of V8 Defenders.

There's not a lot in the Freelander catagory really, Frontera , Maverick , Rav4 , Honda CRV that's it TBH
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not just me that couldnt think of anything better then!
AndyKent

9th Jul 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Panda 4x4
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

9th Jul 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subaru Forester
jay kay

9th Jul 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

land cruiser the old one
Jake

9th Jul 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsasriboy

9th Jul 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd have a discovery over a freelander.
jay kay

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=LAND+ROVER&min_pr=10000&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=11000&miles=40&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=b83at&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=0&ukcarsearch_full.y=0&start=3&distance=16&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200725105635843

that quite nice tbh
Marc

Legacy Outback
Hyundai Tucsan
Nissan x Trail
Hamish

9th Jul 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo, pulsar, impreza, mazda 323 4x4
AndyKent

Guy in our office has the 2.5 V6 Freelander - 18mpg at best

And auto

Huuuuge brakes tho - stops very quick!
jay kay

Link

2001 Y Reg LAND ROVER Discovery 2.5 Td5 ES5 Doors, Automatic, Station Wagon, Diesel, 69,000 miles, Metallic Black. FLRSH, Leather upholstery, 7 Seats, 2002 Headlight Upgrade, Air conditioning, Privacy Glass, Twin Sunroofs, Cruise control, ABS, Alloy wheels, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Heated seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Roof rails, Radio/CD Multichanger, Traction control, Climate Control, Extra seats, Front armrest, Multi function steering wheel, Remote Locking Alarm, Pristine Condition. £10,495 p/x considered.

[Edited on 09-07-2007 by jay kay]
Nath

quote:
Originally posted by jay kay
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=LAND+ROVER&min_pr=10000&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=11000&miles=40&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=b83at&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=0&ukcarsearch_full.y=0&start=3&distance=16&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200725105635843

that quite nice tbh

Something just like that is what he wants, TD4 sport or something.
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=LAND+ROVER&min_pr=10000&source=0&model=DISCOVERY&max_pr=11000&miles=40&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=b83at&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=47&ukcarsearch_full.y=8&start=3&distance=37&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200725290235687

2001 Y Reg LAND ROVER Discovery 2.5 Td5 ES5 Doors, Automatic, Station Wagon, Diesel, 69,000 miles, Metallic Black. FLRSH, Leather upholstery, 7 Seats, 2002 Headlight Upgrade, Air conditioning, Privacy Glass, Twin Sunroofs, Cruise control, ABS, Alloy wheels, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Heated seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Roof rails, Radio/CD Multichanger, Traction control, Climate Control, Extra seats, Front armrest, Multi function steering wheel, Remote Locking Alarm, Pristine Condition. £10,495 p/x considered.

I like it but he prefers the Freelander, not sure why. Rounder edges I guess.
dj_russell

9th Jul 07 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT BUY A FREELANDER, they are ment to be shit and they arnt a good 4x4 a fronteras better than one of them,

infact you can pick up the latest shap frontera for about 4k now ive even seen some t platers below 2k,

and the shit reviews on fronteras are bollocks my dad owned one years ago when theyd just changed from coilsprings on the facelift and he had no problems.
that was the estate and my mom currently owns a sport no problems.

id opt though myself for a secondhand rangerover v8 vogue bein as you can strech to 11k.
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dj_russell
DONT BUY A FREELANDER, they are ment to be shit and they arnt a good 4x4 a fronteras better than one of them,

infact you can pick up the latest shap frontera for about 4k now ive even seen some t platers below 2k,

and the shit reviews on fronteras are bollocks my dad owned one years ago when theyd just changed from coilsprings on the facelift and he had no problems.
that was the estate and my mom currently owns a sport no problems.

id opt though myself for a secondhand rangerover v8 vogue bein as you can strech to 11k.

My dad knows 3 people at his work with Freelanders and they all rate them highly, thats where the idea came from tbh.
AndyKent

9th Jul 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't heard Freelanders are bad. Only problem I've seen is the immobiliser wouldn't let him in the car after its 3rd service
jay kay

9th Jul 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

that quite nice tbh

Something just like that is what he wants, TD4 sport or something.

that one is a td4 sport nath and its quite a low price . Cheapest TD4 Sport on trader between 10-11k

Got nice big wheels too
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look quite smart actually. Handy too as I get insured on it every time they go on holiday
jay kay

9th Jul 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link
im wrong this one has leathers for only 100 more tis nice

but it has that gay roof on the back

Colin

9th Jul 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old freelanders used to be shit, not sure on the new ones. There not really a 4x4 though are they, I dont think they could handle much mud. Id try & talk him into getting a normal car than a want to be 4x4. If he likes to travel higher up then get him a bus pass
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Link
im wrong this one has leathers for only 100 more tis nice

but it has that gay roof on the back

Aye the 3dr looks a bit gash tbh, he's after 5 doors. Still nicely spec'd though.
Nath

9th Jul 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
The old freelanders used to be shit, not sure on the new ones. There not really a 4x4 though are they, I dont think they could handle much mud. Id try & talk him into getting a normal car than a want to be 4x4. If he likes to travel higher up then get him a bus pass

They have HDC, permenant 4x4, and some electronic traction control thing, I reckon it'd be handy enough off road. But yeah it'll be more of a chelsea tractor then off road biatch.

He's owned convertibles, coupes, estates..... But never a 4x4 so fancies one next

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4x4 for about £11k 22 database queries in 0.1982040 seconds