corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Spam Bots

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spam Bots
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jul 07 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my phpbb forum, keep getting users signing up with links in their profiles to pharmacy sites, i've got a field added to registration that says "Are you Human" and they have to tick yes, so they must be getting past this or they are humans registering. Saw this but it seems a bit long winded?
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/6864

I had to turn off the image verification thing as it wasn't displaying the image
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jul 07 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The are you human hack is quite a common one. Ask them if they have just come to harvest addresses and have them reply 'no'.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 07 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a search for a hack called better captcha.

i have a question asking are you human, but it wasnt foolproof, that question, with better captcha and i dont get any issues.

Usually for image verification you need the GD service installed on your hosting server. But the standard phpbb image verification might aswell not be there, it doesnt work at all.

next best thing is turn on manual activation

[Edited on 25-07-2007 by Steve]

New Poll