corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop Cooling/Fan

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop Cooling/Fan
James@CCC

User status: Offline
26th Jul 07 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My laptop is pushing 3 years old but it needs to do one more year before i graduate but its running a bit slow sometimes. I dont know if its caused by how hot it gets sometimes but it does get very hot and the fan is so loud its a joke!

anyway, is there a way i can improve it, it never used to do it. may it be clogged up or something? i also saw u can get external fan things that sit under the laptop powered byt usb, are these any good/worth it?

cheers
ChrisBoom

26th Jul 07 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you can clean it out.

There should be a cover bit under the fan, remove it, clean it all up, unclog the fan etc.

The external fans are really good actually, providing you get a good one.
James@CCC

26th Jul 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah theres no cover to remove, i guess id have to take the whole thing apart to do it?

might just invest in a external thingy
Andrew

26th Jul 07 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you will probably have to remove a few components. Some of the connections might be strips and a right pain to plug back in.

I'd just hover out the keyboard and any other air intakes tbh.
Doug

27th Jul 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will give mine a hoover I think, but I was tempted to get one of the external fans aswell, seeing as it gets treated like a desktop and never gets turned off
andy1868

28th Jul 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy the cooling pads on ebay for like a tenner, its just a pad you sit your laptop on and fans in the pad keep the air flowing underneath it. i've no idea how effective they are, maybe somebody else does?

also, it might depend on where you use it at the moment, sitting with it on a bed or on the sofa with it on a cushion is not good as it doesn't allow any moving air etc

New Poll