corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick question
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Aug 07 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was speaking to my neighbour yesterday and he wanted me to look at his engine for him, as one of the bottles was emtpy and he didn't know what it was (turned out to be brake fluid), this was in a 1.4 mk3 astra.

I said he should go get some brake fluid, but he said he has some power steering fluid left which he has used.
I did insist he should get brake fluid but he insisted on not spending anything as he has this left over power steering fluid which apparently cost him a bomb.

Was just wondering will Power steering fluid work? (Im not a mechanic so i don't really know)
He hasn't taken the car out yet but i don't want him taking it and and the brakes fail.

Thanks
Adam

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
TheCam

7th Aug 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that wont work.
Hammer

7th Aug 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should flush it out immediately, it will cause the seals to swell and deteriorate, does he have a death wish anyway?
2ltrjim

7th Aug 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont work sorry but he sounds like a di**
brake fluid = brakes
powersteering = steering
Brett
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power steering fluid doesn't cost a bomb either, I used to have to buy a bottle every week for my old scoob when I first got it.
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's one of those people that refuses to spend money on cars, he came and asked me if he could borrow my meguirs polish the other day which i had not used yet.

I told him he should just get a meguirs kit for 15.99 but he refused to and got offended by it.

Adam C
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 2ltrjim
brake fluid = brakes
powersteering = steering

i dislike the bloke to be honest, hes a complete idiot, he goes on at me about how he hates boy racers and such. He thinks im one as my cars modified so he comes around and whilst im cleaning it he will pick out any faults he see's, even if its the smallest of scrathes.

I said not so long ago that i might sell mine and he came out with "Its proberly not worth much, £200- £300 max. is good for what it is"

What makes me laugh is hes always complaining about boy racers yet he redlines his astra down the road everyday.

[Edited on 07-08-2007 by Green Thing]

craig_s

7th Aug 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case tell him yes it will be fine
C00RSA

7th Aug 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:
Originally posted by 2ltrjim
brake fluid = brakes
powersteering = steering

i dislike the bloke to be honest, hes a complete idiot, he goes on at me about how he hates boy racers and such. He thinks im one as my cars modified so he comes around and whilst im cleaning it he will pick out any faults he see's, even if its the smallest of scrathes.

I said not so long ago that i might sell mine and he came out with "Its proberly not worth much, £200- £300 max. is good for what it is"

What makes me laugh is hes always complaining about boy racers yet he redlines his astra down the road everyday.

[Edited on 07-08-2007 by Green Thing]

Let him redline it tonight and then see if the brakes work
Brett
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know why you give him the time of day if he's like that tbh.
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Don't know why you give him the time of day if he's like that tbh.

i don't, but whenever im outside doing something he will come out and pretend to do something to his car, then walk over.

He wants a Sat Nav now (he doesn't need it), but as i work for Halfords he said he is going to come in and he wants to see me.

I just know hes proberly on the net now finding out every detail about which one he wants and then quiz me on it, and as soon as i pause for a couple of seconds hes the type of bloke who would go.

"So you don't know then!?"

Olsrey

7th Aug 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just say "Do you want my job then? Being as though you seem to know more than me."
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Aug 07 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
Just say "Do you want my job then? Being as though you seem to know more than me."

i wish i could say this, get so many bloody people like this coming in, and they never buy one, they just come in for something to do lol.

Olsrey

7th Aug 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess you would get sacked for it really. Shame as it would be rather funny to see their faces
TheCam

7th Aug 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this guy sounds like a complete tosser. tell him "yeah mate, power steering fluid will work wonders for your brakes".
Kurt

7th Aug 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gearbox and power steering fluid are the same but not brake fluid

sounds a bit like :

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question 23 database queries in 0.0196478 seconds