corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ok - new car time-help needed- first test drive booked - p3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ok - new car time-help needed- first test drive booked - p3
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
8th Aug 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The waruntee runs out on the cooper s this week and to be honest the servicing costs out of guarantee scare me- I cant really afford to run this car out of guarantee if something goes wrong

So its being sold privately which should get me somewhere between £10,000-11.5k.

I need to get a new car, or low milage used car - and it will have to be from a dealer because I want a waruntee for a couple of years till I have paid back my student debts.

I dont mind taking on a bit of finance so I reckon i have up to £16,000 to spend on a new car. This does not include insurance- I will pay that separetaly and as I have been insured on a high group car for 3 years, and I am now 25 - I can get something with a fair bit of power.

I really love the cooper s, and I want something that handles close to it, but idealy has a bit more power and a bit more room. I would also want a manufacturer that doesnt take the piss quite as much as bmw.... Im not interested in modifying the engine or drive train0- cosmetic mods are all im looking for so I want something that is quick and handles out of the box.

I do a fair amount of miles per year so I want something well built, that is fairly practicle-- I dont mind if its small in the back cos I dont take many pasengers and I have got ton use to it in the mini.

I have got a bit out of practise with what is about the last couple of years so some suggestions would be handy.

So far I am looking into...

Impreza with around 20,000 miles - £13000- 16,000 - 4 door seems to be the best value- 4 doors would come in handy tbh but its not much of a looker. I have had a bit of a thing for imprezas since I was a nipper and would love to own one- anyone recommend the good models to look at.

Fiat Punto - I know these are quick - but I reckon the looks and lack of space may get on my nerves- which is the fast one?

Honda integra type r ----- OLD TYPE ONLY- dont like the new ones much tbh and they are pricey - I love the old model but I assume they are rare to find a good one - reliability pretty good though I should think.

Seat Leon - Look good and reasonably priced but I get the impression I would get a bit bored in it- anyone got one?

Astra VXR- I like the look of these- anyone got one or driven one?

Some sort of quick volvo.... Like Mavs- which model is that... I have also driven small hatchbacks and I am quite up for a bigger car this time.

Any suggestions, recomendations would be welcome.... I need to do this in the next few months and I want to get a list of cars I would like to buy before I start hunting for bargains- getting test drives ect.

Cheers all

[Edited on 08-08-2007 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 08-08-2007 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 09-08-2007 by Dr Pepper]
--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa VXR?
mwg

8th Aug 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renaultsport Clio 197
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
Corsa VXR?

Im certainly open to having another vauxhall- the servicing was always pretty reasonable on my old corsa
As I said- Im out of touch with what is about at the moment - Can you give a brief spec of the corsa vxr, have you driven one?
--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Renaultsport Clio 197

Good Call. £15995 I think.
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Renaultsport Clio 197

This is another option im looking into- just not sure whether I really want a renault clio- it is certainly a bit of a bargain when you compare it to other cars in its group--- have you driven one?
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Renaultsport Clio 197

New? So I could get a decent spec one with a few miles on it for about 15.5 then?
gunzi

8th Aug 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if its what you're looking for but:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/190222.htm
--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Renaultsport Clio 197

This is another option im looking into- just not sure whether I really want a renault clio- it is certainly a bit of a bargain when you compare it to other cars in its group--- have you driven one?

I would go and test a Clio mate, I had a Clio Cup which was superb and far better built than people who have never owned one say they are. I would have no hesitation in buying one.

I have tested a Corsa VXR and I found it nice and quick and handling was brilliant, but for the money I'd rather get a used Astra VXR.
TheCam

8th Aug 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Renaultsport Clio 197

New? So I could get a decent spec one with a few miles on it for about 15.5 then?

We have a brand new one on the forecourt for 14k

*goes to confirm price*
corsaaa_16v

8th Aug 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf GT Sport TDi?
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gunzi
Not sure if its what you're looking for but:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/190222.htm

That is exactly what I would like mate- To be honest I didnt realise they were that well priced. That can be added to my list of probables
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
Golf GT Sport TDi?

Definately interested in a golf but they dont seem to get very good reviews wherever I have looked- I will have a look into it a bit more though- need to get a test drive booked at some stage
--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cam1
quote:
quote:
quote:
Renaultsport Clio 197

We have a brand new one on the forecourt for 14k

*goes to confirm price*

Cam, you got a link too it? Am really interested in one myself.
TheCam

8th Aug 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 56 plate mate.
Its £13495.
I'll try and find a link, if you were gonna go ahead I would speak to a salesman for you and try sort out some discount.
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest this is the problem I have.

I know the cooper s gets a fair bit of abuse on modified car forums but I really love the car. It feels like a modified car to drive, the respose is instant from the supercharger, the ride height and comfort is perfect imo- the driving position is fantastic, and for day to day driving it is incredibly easy to drive it very fast in all conditions.

The thing I really like about it is the interior just feels a bit more special than the average hot hatch.... I want a car that ticks most of these boxes but there isnt much around that is doing it for me at the moment.

The monaro is certainly tempting
--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about one of these?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VAUXHALL&min_pr=11000&source=0&model=VX220&max_pr=16000&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=dn16+3gr&variant=turbo&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=42&ukcarsearch_full.y=16&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

[Edited on 08-08-2007 by corsa-dan]
TheCam

8th Aug 07 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa dan - http://www.parks.uk.com/cgi-bin/new/search.pl
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Aug 07 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another mini.
TheCam

8th Aug 07 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just search renault clio and change the price band to 10,000 - 14,999 and its the only one listed
Robbo

8th Aug 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus RS

£15k will get you a top top notch one along with enough left for a bluefin and a few other goodies

Having driven one I can't recommend it enough... awesome, awesome car

It also feels just like a modified car to drive (especially the awesome clunk as u change gear, feels just like an american muscle car or summat, not notchy or dodgy, just an awesome clunk!!) and the badge confuses/pisses off everybody... I raced a Porsche Gayman down the M4 and he could not shake me at all, well well worth a shout mate Also chased a few M3s to good effect

--DAN--

8th Aug 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cam1
corsa dan - http://www.parks.uk.com/cgi-bin/new/search.pl

Cheers mate, I'll take a look.
Robbo

8th Aug 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for Astra VXRs, I have heard of some being available for as low as £14k
Dr Pepper

8th Aug 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What about one of these?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=VAUXHALL&min_pr=11000&source=0&model=VX220&max_pr=16000&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=dn16+3gr&variant=turbo&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=42&ukcarsearch_full.y=16&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

[Edited on 08-08-2007 by corsa-dan]

Mate- I would love a vx220 but that may just be a little bit too impracticle. I test drove one and loved it.
Stu

8th Aug 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a Mini Cooper S Works myself for day to day use and so far I think its a great car! Its by no means my favourite hot hatch - to me a hot hatch is light, nimble, nippy, stripped etc but I dont think the Mini is about that, its more like a big comfy car in a small package (if that makes sense )

I guess its down to what you want in a car - Ive got the TVR for kicking the shit out of at weekends and the mini is perfect for bringing me into Manchester town centre every day!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ok - new car time-help needed- first test drive booked - p3 22 database queries in 0.0710790 seconds